Can Embassy of Malaysia in the US help make Mykad?

111 Views  ⚫  Asked 5 Months Ago
asked on Apr 21, 2022 at 20:50
Hi there, here is the situation.

There is this family who are all Malaysians, they have been living in the US for quite sometime. Both the parents are permanent resident there, but still hold the Malaysian citizenship. 
The children were born in Malaysia (assumingly so to have birth certificate), but very quickly went back to the US and had since then stayed there for a period of time

The children have not had the chance to apply for Mykad seeing how they haven't been back for a long time. 
The question lies then whether the children can apply for Mykad in the Embassy of Malaysia in the US or do they have to personally come back to Malaysia to do it. And if so, what are the procedures like? 

I've done some research on the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) website and it stated the process for the application for identity card on new arrival in Malaysia. ( For those who are aged 12-16 who havent been residing in Malaysia for years ) 

However, my question is on whether the children can apply for the Mykad in the Malaysia Embassy in the US instead of personally coming back to Malaysia to do it.

Really really appreciate your answer on this. Thanks so much! 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Apr 21, 2022 at 22:38
Thumbprints and facial recognitive features are required at JPN centers only for MyKad applicants.

0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.