Marriage and adoption

237 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Months Ago
asked on Apr 28, 2021 at 13:05
Im a single woman from Malaysia who just lost my fiancee
1. Is it possible to get marriage certificate with a deceased partner? 
2.I wish to adopt a child,so is it possible to put my deceased fiancee's name as the child's father?If can what are the procedures?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Apr 28, 2021 at 17:29
edited Apr 28, 2021 at 17:39
by   jeff005
@ Lavanya Ravi

Im a single woman from Malaysia
You have stated you are a single = unmarried or divorced, how to get a marriage certificate?. 

who just lost my fiancee
a deceased partner
Raise him from the grave to be present at the Marriage Registrar to sumpah as well as to sign in the two certs? A Marriage Cert is a Contract Signed.

Yes, I fully agree with you some culture of the past communities does allow such practices. The Chinese would use a live cock hen to replace the deceased, that is if she is betrothed to the man and is pregnant. It did happened just years ago when the man jumped down in the MACC building. But in the eyes of Malaysian Marriage Laws, it is not recognized and no Marriage Certificate can be issued.

For legal adoption, you may put any man's name with single status except your father's name inside the adoption papers as the "father". But the father must be present to sign the adoption papers too.

Funni, I just replied a Query elsewhere on the "Legal responsibility of a father who signs the child's BC". Detailed explanation is available here :
2 found this helpful

answered on Jun 17, 2021 at 09:32
You can't get a marriage certificate without being married. were you married just before he died?
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.