How to expedite divorce if one party is overseas

145 Views  ⚫  Asked 8 Months Ago
asked on Feb 19, 2021 at 15:11
How can a divorce be expedited if one party is overseas and is not able to go back to Malaysia because of the covid situation and travel restrictions? 
My ex and I have lived separately since Oct 2019 so we have not hit the 2 year mark yet. (Uncontested divorce) But I need the divorce certificate asap. Is there any way that I can expedite it?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Feb 19, 2021 at 15:59
edited Feb 19, 2021 at 16:02
by   jeff005
What do you mean by this statement ?
so we have not hit the 2 year mark yet. (Uncontested divorce) 

Who is overseas? You or her?

Separation due to Lockdown on Air Travels is never grounds for divorce even after 2 years of away from each other. There must be proof of "abandonment" for a period of 2 years.

There is no such thingy such as a successful single divorce petition without the acknowledgement from the other party. The overseas party must be served the divorce petition (from Malaysia) and his/her reaction to the petition.
1 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.