Will Department of Insolvency increase my monthly payment if my income increases?

435 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Aug 27, 2020 at 11:25
edited on May 17, 2021 at 22:08
Want to ask about payment to insolvency.

After being adjudged a bankrupt, my payment to Department of Insolvency was RM300. Due to my bankrupt status, I was dismissed from my job. Therefore, I appealed to MdI so my payment be reduced to RM100. It was successful, and I've been paying RM100 every month.

Now, I got new job with income RM3k. I wonder if I send my expenses statement to MdI, the Official Assignee (OA) will notice, and then subsequently raise my payment? Can they do that? Because they see my income statement, wah ini orang sudah cukup duit lets raise his payment from RM100 to RM500 contohnya.

Can O.A do that?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Aug 27, 2020 at 14:51
edited May 17, 2021 at 22:13

What went down can be reverted and/or increase.

The reporting into Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia is by bankruptcy law. The compulsory S.O.A. is a statutory declaration under Oath.

The 6 monthly "Income & Expenditure" filing is by bankruptcy law. The monthly contribution amount is fluid and not fixed and can be variable every 6 months.

You may refer to this thread:

Personal Opinion
Normally for annual increase in salary at existing company or the 13th month salary paid, there should be no adjustments taking into account inflationary costs of essential items, food and transportation costs and incidental medical expenses. It all depends on your Official Assignee (OA) who has discretionary powers.

So, please be nice and polite to your OA. Bring roses (cigars for men) for the OA every time you ever visit them at Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia office.
1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 27, 2020 at 15:23
edited May 17, 2021 at 22:19
Thank you for you answer but I also don't know who is my O.A now.

My O.A sudah changed 4 kali, first O.A during meeting, second time change again after first meeting, third time the O.A tukar department lain and no longer in charged of my case. The 4th change, O.A pindah ke Putrajaya. Now try to call MdI, no one answer. Go to the MdI office, other officers said the officer in charge still not available. Will inform later via email. After a month, still no email. Memang Malaysia Department of Insolvency Kuala Lumpur macam ini kah???

I wonder should I go to the office? But last time I go there, they won't entertain me at all.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 27, 2020 at 15:35
edited May 17, 2021 at 22:25

You have to make appointment to meet them (you OA).

Cannot walk in like as if it is our Grandpa's General Store.

Keep copies of your emails as proof of your efforts to contact them for advises and/or making appointments. Email to your last assigned Official Assignee (OA).

There are many ways of overcoming this issue and they cannot be published online. Many things are subjective and depend on the circumstances of the bankrupt. If your bankruptcy amount is RM1 million and the total Proof of Debts is RM3 million, for some, paying for another 30 years @RM300-RM500 per month can never ever reach the 50% contributions target to qualify for the application for Bankruptcy Discharge.
1 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.