My salary just get deducted. HELP Please

60 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Month Ago
asked on Jan 9, 2020 at 03:31
edited on Jan 9, 2020 at 03:33
by   HuangJJ
I been working in this company for a year. And they has done some year ended stock checking recently.

And I only found out that my salary are like 20% short during payday when I was checking the amount on my bank account. And so I went to asked.

And then I only found out that they has my salary deducted because there's some cargos went missing in the past 12 months. So they decided to has me & others 11 employees some salary deducted. Because they has no clue when and who has those cargos stole.

And I felt so upset and unfair. Because my company doesn't wants to get their CCTV installed. Because they said "it's too expensive" .

And cargos could be stolen by the others during my holidays or offday. I felt like It isn't my responsibility that cargo went missing during those days when I'm off duty. I'm not sure. But still possible.

And I certainly did not steal their cargos.

And we have like Thousands of cargos in a really large warehouse. So it's really hard to notice if anything missing or not.

And I just want to know is it theirs rights to that to me and the others 11 employees or not ?

Because I felt like neither of me and the others 11 employees should take responsibility of those missing cargos unless my company has solid proof ? Just because my company are too cheap to get some CCTV

Thanks for reading my question. I really need some advice here.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Jan 9, 2020 at 10:41
@ HuangJJ

because my company are too cheap to get some CCTV
One of the reasons that you should change jobs.

I really need some advice here
Bring and make a case to the nearest Labour Dept for illegal deductions  from your monthly wages.
1 found this helpful

answered on Jan 10, 2020 at 23:33
If your under the scope of Employment Act 1955, ie if your salary is less than RM 2,000.00 or if you or your colleagues are involved in manual labour or supervising manual labour, then you can report to the nearest Labour Department that there has been unlawful deduction of wages. 

If your not covered under the Employment Act 1955, you should write to the employer stating that there is no basis for the deduction and for the employer to immediately restore the deduction portion failing which you have a right to walk out from employment on the basis of constructive dismissal, ie, the company has breached a fundamental term of your contract of employment.

Arun Kumar
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.