Apply for PhD in Malaysia: Questions about residency for wife, children and mother

147 Views  ⚫  Asked 9 Months Ago
asked on Dec 14, 2019 at 03:17
edited on Apr 4, 2020 at 16:40
I am from Libya. I am willing to apply for a PhD in Malaysia. However, I have an inquiry regarding residency in Malaysia. My wife and children are coming with me to Malaysia, but my question is about my mother, where she lives with me in my home, and as far as I know, the mother can stay with her son in Malaysia, but she is my adoptive mother, where she raised me since I was 3 months old. Currently, she lives with me and I have identification documents to prove that. And I cannot leave her in Libya alone and come to study four years in Malaysia, will she be allowed to obtain a legal residency like the rest of my family? And what will happen if she over stays in Malaysia?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Dec 22, 2019 at 12:48
edited Apr 4, 2020 at 16:40
will she be allowed to obtain a legal residency like the rest of my family?
Yes, she will be on a "dependant pass" like for your wife and children if you have documentary evidence of the relationship. Most important is that you have to proof or show the ability to sustain the whole family for at least 1 year. 

Dependant Pass holders are NOT allowed to work in Malaysia. So is your student pass.

Dependant Pass requires yearly renewal and is temporary residency.

Never overstay even for 1 day!

Read all the issues here for "overstay".

Overstay can cause your primary student pass to be terminated/revoked too, even if you do not overstay because you are their sponsor.

Please do not break Malaysian Immigration Laws.
The result of breaking will have dire consequences.

Do not simply listen to scammers, fake agent and even fake Immigration Officers.
1 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.