Widow foreigner in Malaysia and child custody

133 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Months Ago
asked on Oct 20, 2019 at 03:02
edited on Feb 13, 2020 at 13:55
I would like to know if the Malaysian husband dies, and the foreigner wife doesn't have PR (permanent residency) yet, she only has a spouse visa. After her sponsor died, what is going to happen to her and to the kids? Can the foreign wife stay in Malaysia? Can she keep working if she is already working? Can she get the PR? Can she go back to her country with the kids without any problems and stay there if doors are close in Malaysia. Can the family of her husband take the kids from her? What does the law say about this case?

Thank you.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Oct 20, 2019 at 07:58
edited Feb 13, 2020 at 13:49

Calm down, she can remain inside Malaysia but there is too little information about her.

Yes, she can still work inside Malaysia.

She is already on Temporary Residency via her LTSVP (renewable under certain conditions even if her husband has passed away).

She can get Permanent Resident status down the road because of her Malaysian children

She can go back to her country with her kids (but with other problems like the grandparents may contest for guardianship to prevent the kids from leaving the country).

So long as she remains inside Malaysia, nobody can take the children away from her.

The door is opened to her while inside Malaysia. If she ever leaves Malaysia for whatever reasons like for holidays back to her source country, the window of opportunity  may cease and her rights may be forfeited by the application of certain laws.

There are laws pertaining to specified situations but she has a few different situations/options.

Give more information of her age, nationality, religion and her children like sex and ages and her type of work and income.

(Caveat : The above article is written by a Q&A registered User. It represents a personal point of view only and not be regarded as legal advice.)
1 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.