Please help me with the meaning of this stamp on the last page of my passport

121 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Months Ago
asked on Oct 16, 2019 at 19:48
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
5 Answers

answered on Oct 16, 2019 at 23:35
edited Oct 16, 2019 at 23:38
by   jeff005

The meaning of the NTL stamp in the last page under various situations can be found here :-

What sort of Student Visa you are applying for, what study course and at what level? And how old are you?
Where are you applying for this "Student Visa"? Malaysian Embassy?
How many trips you have come into Malaysia this year and for how long you have remained inside?
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 16, 2019 at 23:53
edited Oct 16, 2019 at 23:58
by   jeff005

How to Study in Malaysia

Malaysia is an Educational Hub (Center) in South East Asia.

There are plenty of Professional Studies available and to choose from. The living costs in Malaysia is the lowest and the Fees is the most competitive in this region for International Students. 
There are :
.. Public Universities (PhD, Masters, Medical, Degrees in Engineering etcetc)
.. Private Universities (Tied up with Universities from the USA, EU and AU)
.. Private Colleges which offers Professional Certifications, Diploma courses
.. Off Campus Overseas Colleges
.. Part-time Studies Masters Degrees (With Professional Work Pass but study part-time with a combo of night and week-end sessions).

Medium of instruction

1. Malaysian National Language - Malay

2. English (Both UK and US)

3. Chinese Mandarin (Private Colleges only for the purpose of Chinese Higher Education in China and/or Taiwan).

4. Islamic Studies in Arabic

How to come into Malaysia Properly and Legally-

A student has to apply through a Government vetting Agency known as EMGS (Education Malaysia Global Services) for a Student Visa. Link :- Education Malaysia Global Services (all the types of courses are available).

Once the Student Visa is approved and send to the student, the student can come into Malaysia. 

Upon arrival inside Malaysia, the student have to apply via the College to nearest Immigration Center for a STUDENT PASS within 1 month.

A student must complete the above legal immigration procedures in order to be a legitimate student inside Malaysia.

Other Critical Notes :-

4. Those on Student Pass are not allowed to work in Malaysia. The exception are those on Professional Degrees with tied up Internship with MNCs (Multi National Corporations) who can work for a maximum of 6 month (no need work permits)..

5. Those on Professional Degrees are only allowed Part-time work (restricted number of hours per day and number of days per week). during long semester breaks.

6. All under student pass must leave Malaysia upon completion of the studies and the student pass MUST be cancelled by the College. This is a legal requirement to be able to come back into Malaysia as a Tourist or look for Employment in the future.
My advice is to come 1 month into Malaysia and visit the College of your choice, look for other International Students from your country, discuss with them, visit the quality of the Campus and Student Hostel Accommodation available. Then only make application to EMGS while here, then go back to your country and wait for the Student Visa to be send to you to come into Malaysia to make the Final Critical Student Pass (inside Malaysia). Your College will arrange for the application.

DO NOT GO FOR THE CHEAPEST COLLEGE. Quality Education is most important.

Sample Pic of Cancelled Student’s Pass upon completion of studies.
1 found this helpful

answered on Oct 17, 2019 at 02:35

Thank you for your quick response. I went to malaysia on the 28 July for me to find a suitable institution for my studies but those to my English requirements i have to get a English language certificate from a institution,so I applied for a language school so i can have the required English qualification for further studies.i exist malaysia on the 23 august with a flight to myanmar there i got into problem of religion and they couldn't let me in,i fly back to klia1 and try to enter malaysia again but i only have money enough money on my visa card but not enough cash at hand so i was refused entry and given that stamp on my passport.i'm 26 years now.
I just want to know when i got my student approval will they allow me entry and will i have the student visa with that stamp on my passport?

Thank you hope for quick response 
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 17, 2019 at 10:17
edited Oct 17, 2019 at 10:20
by   jeff005

I just want to know when i got my student approval will they allow me entry
The main purpose of the  NTL  stamp in the  Last page  is to make sure you have done the process for the application correctly in order to come inside Malaysia.

will i have the student visa with that stamp on my passport?
There is no such thingy as "student visa" stamp.
Upon approval from  EMGS, a VDR  memo will be send direct to you in your country for you to go to the Malaysian Embassy to apply for a  SEV  (Single Entry Visa) to come into Malaysia on a  Visitor Pass  to complete the process of the application of a  Student's Pass.

An approved student pass is in the form of a "sticker" permit, pasted into the pages of your passport.

[ Pic - Sample of  Single Entry Visa ].
1 found this helpful

answered on Oct 17, 2019 at 15:59

Thank you sir, i now know that this stamp will not affect my student approval and student pass to my there any advice for my case.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.