Malaysia Immigration Laws: Frequently Asked Questions on Malaysia Visas and Passes

732 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Sep 5, 2019 at 11:24
edited on Dec 6, 2019 at 00:50
Does my Malaysia Single Entry Visa start counting from the date of issuance or entry?

Malaysia Visa

This is a Single Entry Visa (SEV). There is a validity date of 3 months from date of issue.

A traveler must enter before the expiry date. Once entered, this Single Entry Visa (SEV) is no longer valid or usable (Journey Performed).

Upon arrival, the Malaysia Immigration will stamp a Visit Pass stamp in your passport.

You will be/can be given 30 days, 90 days to live/visit inside Malaysia (country to country basis).

Your passport MUST have a validity period of at least 6 months in order to be granted a Social Visit Pass.

Sample of Visit Pass stamp in the pages of your passport.

0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
4 Answers

answered on Aug 30, 2019 at 00:15
edited Dec 6, 2019 at 01:04
Different Types of Malaysia Visas


What is the difference between visa-on-arrival and no-visa-required when visiting another country since they make absolutely no difference to the traveler


Types of Visas

The Malaysian Government issues three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:

1. Single Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit. It is normally valid for a single entry and for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.

2. Multiple Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a period within three (3) months to twelve (12) months from the date of issue. Citizens of India and the People's Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for the purpose of a social visit are eligible to apply for the Multiple Entry Visa. The validity of the Multiple Entry Visa is one (1) year. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed.

Conditions for the Multiple Entry Visa are:
The applicant must show proof of sufficient funds for staying in Malaysia
The applicant must possess a valid and confirmed return ticket
Tour groups are not eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visa.
The Multiple Entry Visa costs RM100 for Indian Citizens and RM30 for citizens of the People's Republic of China.

3. Transit Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries. Foreign nationals on transit without leaving the airport premises and who continue their journey to the next destination with the same flight do not require a transit visa.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 30, 2019 at 10:55
edited Jan 27, 2020 at 17:24
Visitors from China and India are often NTL (Not To Land) - Denied entry at airports and border crossings even if they have a visa to visit Malaysia... 


First look at the size of China, India and Malaysia.

0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 14, 2019 at 22:01
edited Feb 11, 2020 at 16:30

Malaysian Immigration Laws

Undocumented immigrants are those who have entered the country without proper documentations. Examples are: By jungle paths via human traffickers, by ships or boats. They have not gone thru mandatory immigration controls checkpoints. They may have their passports and/or Nationality Identification Card with them but no records of them enter the country.

Illegal immigrants are those who have entered legally into the country have overstayed on their permitted period allow. Illegal Immigrant are defined administratively by Immigration Malaysia as “Illegals”. Thailand classifies them as “Aliens”.

Treatment by Immigration Security Agency

Those illegals caught will be charged in Immigration Court and can be fined, jailed, deported, whipped (for men) and banned for re-entry for a specified period of time, usually 5 years. (Thailand - 10 years maximum)

Illegals are given a chance to “surrender” to Immigration. There will be compound fines, no whipping, no jail term. The Mandatory Ban for re-entry remains. They have a choice of leaving Malaysia legally to another country which accepts them.

Undocumented immigrants caught will be fined, jailed, whipped and banned forever for any re-entry. They will be deported to their country of which their passport is stated. Those without documents or refused to state their country of origin will remain in Detention Camps forever and rot inside. Law regards them as stateless people and cannot be deported. The public taxpayers are paying for their free food and lodging. There are no hard labor camps in Malaysia unlike some of our neighbors.

NGOs overseas often slander Malaysia for incorrect definition of "documented" and "undocumented" immigrant. For the same token I would say theirs is wrong too. Ours is based on The Laws Of The Land.

Documented immigrants are those who have entered Malaysia legally but choose to be illegals by overstaying our Welcome Their “Entries”, which are documented in the entry stamps in their passports and are still inside the Immigration Computer Records. Who says they are undocumented immigrants?
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 21:34
edited Mar 9, 2020 at 14:12
How To Check if I am Blacklisted in Malaysian Immigration.

For Foreigners

Everything is in your passport. The last time you exited Malaysia, the stamps there would have indicated any blacklisting, ban period (refer to the picture above).

If you are still inside Malaysia now, you should now know that “overstaying” is a “criminal offense” in Malaysia and the U.K., whereas in the USA and some countries in E.U. is a minor misdemeanor.

How to clear Blacklisting?

There is no clearing. You can enter again after the period of ban.

Changing to new passport or use another country's passport to re-enter of is of no functionality at all because when one who has overstayed, the 10 biometrics finger prints and facial features are taken and recorded into the Immigration Systems.

For Malaysians who are inside Malaysia or overseas, one can check online with the Immigration Website using your 12 digits National Identity Card numbers.
Link :

0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.