Labor Law Office Email Address

1578 Views  ⚫  Asked 16 Years Ago
asked on Nov 23, 2000 at 18:47
by   Indian
edited on Jun 12, 2016 at 22:52
I am an employee of MSC status company. I am having some problem which I can not cope with. I am on probation period of six months and three months have passed. I want to resign from the company and go back home to India. I would like to know the Email address of the office of Employment/Labour Law where I can send a copy of my resignation letter when I am sending the resignation letter to my company as a proof. I am in desperate need of the email address.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Nov 24, 2000 at 11:05
by   Passer_by
edited Jun 12, 2016 at 23:14
Hi Indian,

In Malaysia, there is no office of Employment/Labour Law.

However, the Ministry of Human Resources is responsible for coordinating and managing the formulation, review and amendments of all laws and gazettes under the Ministry's purview (Employment/Labor).

There is also the Department Of Labour Peninsular Malaysia (West Malaysia) being responsible for providing services e.g. labor court, employees complaint, etc. to ensure an employee is protected under the Employment Law and enjoys the benefits under the law in addition to preserving the interest of an employer.

The contacts are as follow:

Aras 5, Blok D3, Kompleks D, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62530 Putrajaya, Malaysia
TEL: 03-8886 5192  FAX: 03-8889 2368
EMAIL: jtksm[at]

Block D3 & D4, Complex D, 62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia
TEL: 03-8000 8000
EMAIL: ksm1[at]

As far as I know, you do not need to send a copy of the letter to the department. (if you do, enclose a covering letter would be better, as I have doubt whether they will keep a copy of your email).

As long as you have the copy of the resignation letter, employment contract, last payment slip, NRIC and address and company contact, you can file in any complaint to the Department of Labor Peninsular Malaysia by providing such proof and/or other information.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.