Overstaying in Malaysia: How much is the penalty? Can I exit without going to jail?

224 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jun 18, 2019 at 11:55
edited on Jun 28, 2019 at 21:58
I have overstayed for 11 months now. I have a valid passport but my student pass has expired on the July 2018. Reason for my overstay, I was trying to see if I could enroll in master's program but they insisted I must travel back and apply from my country, Nigeria and secondly all we heard from a lot of agents was that once you go to the immigration they would send you to jail.

I reside in Kuala Lumpur but currently on vacation in Penang. I want to surrender here in Penang, is it possible?

Please, I need your kind advice on what to do and how much it will cost me to clear overstay and get special pass to exit the country peacefully. I want them to ban me even for 10 years. All I care is to return home to my lovely family. I feel trapped here and am depressed. Waiting for your positive update. Thanks. 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jun 18, 2019 at 12:19
edited Jun 28, 2019 at 22:00

The answers you seek can be found under this thread:

If you need an answer from me, please ask there.

Please attach a copy of the latest student pass there for better explanations.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.