Malaysian Muslim Woman Marrying Foreigner Abroad: How to?

415 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Mar 27, 2019 at 18:55
edited on Apr 8, 2019 at 21:17
I have a friend who wants to get married abroad. My friend is a Muslim woman from Malaysia but her lover comes from Pakistan who is also a Muslim. They want to hold their marriage overseas, and have been granted the consent by both families.

What documents do my friends need to prepare before getting married abroad? Can he register the marriage in Malaysia after marriage in Pakistan?

I have a bit of confusion about the foreign application procedure. 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Mar 27, 2019 at 23:03
edited Apr 8, 2019 at 21:39
@Sist dhie

First you say you wanted to marry a Bangladeshi.
Now your friend wanted to marry a Pakistani.

Both marriages will be over at other countries. Both of you should go over to their countries' Embassy to get updates and procedures.
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 10, 2019 at 09:55
Hi.. Make sure get the approval letter from Jabatan Agama Islam before you proceed. Or you will have longer process to get Malaysia Marriage Certificate. 

And make sure to register your abroad marriage with Malaysian Embassy abroad. Get the stamp from Malaysian Embassy and Foreign Office in Pakistan. After return to Malaysia, do the same.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.