What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia? - Updated with Policies wef 01.01.2019

10930 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Feb 17, 2019 at 22:54
edited on Mar 27, 2019 at 14:37
Attention to those who have overstayed in Malaysia
Surrender to the Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

For the surrender to Malaysia Immigration,
1. Bring the original passport that you have used to enter into Malaysia. 
2. Bring Police Report for "Lost Passport", then go to your country's Embassy/ Consular Services to obtain an ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate), some countries issue emergency travel passport, some countries issue "out-pass".
3. Any Proof or valid reasons to overstayed in Malaysia.
4. Do not buy in advance air ticket till you are sure of the validity date of the exit "Special Pass" issued to you by the Malaysia Immigration at a cost of RM100 only, after the payment of compound penalties (fines).

Please take note that this thread has been created as part 2 to continue from the old thread of  part of the reason, to be more friendly towards users with mobile devices.

Although some old policies have been changed, it would be wise to read back those cases which could be similar to yours. Then people will understand the process on how the 6P, 3P, Rehiring, Amnesty and the (3+1) Surrender came about.

Re-Hiring of Illegals  is over 30/06/2018
The Surrender (3+1) is over on 30/06/2018
The Amnesty is over 30/08/2018.

All those remaining inside Malaysia without valid documents now are regarded as having overstayed and by administrative legal definition known as ILLEGALS.

Viewers can asked questions in this new thread or at the old thread at:
8 had this question
Me Too
5 favorites
[ share ]
177 Answers
« Previous   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   Next »  Last »

answered on Aug 26, 2019 at 00:32
@Nura Fami 

Is this a 5 year ban or a permanent ban?
Late.. will explain tomorrow
Sleep and rest well. You have been thru an emotional ordeal this morning.

1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 26, 2019 at 11:22
edited Nov 27, 2019 at 20:08
Thank you @jeff005.

I am still very perplexed by how the immigration officer responded to me. It even made me think maybe because I'm African, and he doesn't like to deal with African people.
"NEVER RETURN TO MY COUNTRY" I will always remember these words.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 27, 2019 at 00:37
@Nura Fami  

First I will explain to you on why there is no ban based on your stamps.

Pic 1

This a BAN stamp. ( BLI ) The period of 2 years is recorded there.

Pic 2

This is a Permanent BAN stamp  A RAI = Reject All Immingration (facilities) stamp.
There is no BAN period stated.

Pic 3

This is a Red Flag stamp with the word  " Final " handwritten.
This is a final trip warning that the traveler can come into Malaysia on a ordinary Visit Pass.

All warnings and blacklisting are actually in the stamps on your passport.

Do you have one?

Your penalty is RM 220

My breakdown
4 days x RM 30 per day = 120
Special Pass                  = 100
                       TOTAL RM 220

oke... settled??
1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 27, 2019 at 01:02
edited Aug 27, 2019 at 01:35
by   jeff005
@Nura Fami   

maybe because I'm African, and he doesn't like to deal with African people. 
No la.. maybe his andropause. started that day.

This is a stamp on an  AFRICAN  Lady mid last month, also a 1 day overstay.

The Officer gave verbal warning and wrote "Format B" next to the stamp.
No fines and cross immigration for flight... also to South Korea..!!
She is from Tanzania.

I really do not know why you were treated that way, but please take note that Immigration Malaysia at Airports do not accept payments for overstay (Corruption Control). All payments must be at IMI Centers.

Normally for 2-3 days overstay, they let go with a warning.

Another Format B handwritten message for 3 days overstay
(oops.. I couldn't find it. I have hundreds of stamps)

@Nura Fami  
Malaysians by nature are non racists. Of course they are good and bad IMI officers in every country.

If you read thru the whole thread, there were many  AFRICANs  whom I have help to send back without them being jailed for 3-5 years overstay. IMI approved departure.

We apologize to you, for the very rude behaviour of the IMI Officer that have attend to you.

Cheers dear..!!
2 found this helpful

answered on Aug 27, 2019 at 08:46

Thank you very much. You have been very helpful with your information.
All has been noted. Aside from the immigration issue, my overall experience in Malaysia has been beautiful. 

Once again, i appreciate you taking time off to respond to all my questions.  
1 found this helpful

answered on Dec 2, 2019 at 17:56

hello Good afternoon i just have question i a'm filipino citizen and i was working in malaysia for almost 3year 10month Working permit is legal for some reason i told to my boss to cancelled my working bisa because my fiance US citizen applying my visa to go to us i wil write down shorly.. september 20 my working visa cancell then 23 of september i go bck to philippines, i go because i have to take all my Documents need for us embassy And my daugther Passport THE MALAYSIA US EMBASSY HANDLING my us Visa with my Kids and no  i come back in oct 19 2019 but i got trouble bcuz i surrender my Passport and medcal to us embassy 0n november 12 and they issued my visa on november 21 and i pick my passport on november 22 and i go to immigration on 25 november because we already know we are overstay but the Putrajaya immigration they wil call me in 2weeks I am confused cuz they right there this words malaysian Language Would anyone to help me what those mean of this


Tawaran kompaun 14 hari pembayaran perlu di buat di dalam tempoh terbut

 thats the exactly They put in my Passport and white paper! please anyone know whats the meaning of that i got panic and nervous because just tell me they will call me in 2weeks..

hope and pray anyone can help me And if this cause me trouble if i wil go to us Soon

thank you and appreciated your Reply
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 2, 2019 at 18:43
edited Dec 2, 2019 at 18:45
by   jeff005

I have read notices from ex Consular Officers of some US Embassies, that any Visa application may take 2-3 weeks. For applications to emigrate may take even 2-3 months even from the source country (your country).

This is just an internal IMI code for overstaying.

IMI will inform you within 14 days how when and how much you have to pay for the overstay. Just wait for their calls.  Make sure your handphone is always fully charged during working days.

You have to go to the US Embassy to explain your issue and ask for help and further advises. The Embassy may write to MY IMI and ask for leniency or considerations for your case or give you a letter of explanation for any delay of approval for the application, to be present to US officers upon arrival.

I have fully replied you under this 3rd Post by you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 4, 2019 at 15:18
jeff005 is a bitter old man
His wife left him and he escaped to Thailand
He spends his days answering on lawyerment
When he has time he f.u.c..ks kathoeys like a true gent
He says he works in Thailand,
But everyone knows his true purpose is to hold little boys hands!
jeff005 edits his posts to hide his mistake
with a forked tongue as cruel as a snake
63 years old with nothing to show for it
tick-tock jeff your funeral will be a hit!
oh i almost forget nobody will attend
because you don't even have a single friend!
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 31, 2019 at 15:48
edited Dec 31, 2019 at 15:52
by   JoshuaLim
Hi Jeff, 

I am a Singaporean and I overstayed Malaysia for 6 days. Today I went to the immigration and they asked me to go directly to the custom to surrender and fill up Format B. I did not pay any compound and my passport has these words under the stamp. May I know what it means? Also can I enter Malaysia straight away? I have a business there and this is the first time I overstayed. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 31, 2019 at 16:50
1 found this helpful

« Previous   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   Next »  Last »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.