Employment Law of Malaysia - Can an Employee request for CASH payment for their Salary.

316 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Feb 10, 2019 at 01:30
The answer is legally possible.

Act 265 

Section 25

Wages to be paid through bank 

25. (1) The entire amount of wages earned by, or payable to, any employee in respect of any work done by him less any lawful deductions, shall be actually paid to him through payment into an account at a bank, finance company, financial institution or other institutions licensed or established under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 [Act 372] or any other written law, in any part of Malaysia being an account in the name of the employee or an account in the name of the employee jointly with one or more other persons as stipulated by the employee. 

(2) Every employee shall be entitled to recover in the courts so much of his wages, exclusive of sums lawfully deducted under Part IV, as shall not have been actually paid to him in accordance with subsection (1). 

Payment of wages other than through bank 

25A. (1) Notwithstanding subsection 25(1), an employer may, upon a written request of the employee, other than a domestic servant, make payment of his employee’s wages— 
(a) in legal tender; or 
(b) by cheque made payable to or to the order of the employee. 
(2) In the case of a domestic servant, the employer shall, upon the request of his domestic servant, obtain approval from the Director General for the payment of wages of the domestic servant to be paid in legal tender or by cheque. 
(3) The request by the employee under subsections (1) and (2) may be withdrawn by the employee at any time, by notice in writing, to the employer. 
(4) The notice referred to in subsection (3) shall take effect at, but not before, the end of the period of four weeks beginning with the day on which the notice is given. 
(5) The request of the employee to the mode of payment of wages under subsections (1) and (2) shall not be unreasonably withheld by the employer. 
(6) Any dispute arising out of the request by the employee under subsections (1) and (2) shall be referred to the Director General whose decision on the matter shall be final. 
3 had this question
Me Too
3 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jun 13, 2019 at 22:50
Maybe can request for Employer to pay by Bitcoins or Food Vouchers?
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.