Bankruptcy (Malaysia) - Reporting in to Insolvency - What documents to bring on the first appointment to JIM

113 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Months Ago
asked on Feb 7, 2019 at 21:35
Upon Bankrupted, the Court will send the Bankruptcy Papers to the last registered address and a copy to Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia (JIM). JIM will notify the Bankrupt to report in via letter and given a date to report in. In the letter, several documents have to be submitted during the reporting in.

1.  MyKAD of the Bankrupt
2.  MyKAD of the spouse (if married)
3.  Birth Certificates of ALL children (if any)
4.  List of Assets, Properties, Banking Accounts (Motor Vehicles, Savings, Current, Investments - if any)
5.  List of all Creditors (Credit cards, Hire Purchase M/V, Housing Loans - if any)
6.  Proof of Residency (Electricity, Water Bills)
7.  Surrender the International Passport
8.  Divorce papers, if there are Alimony and or Child's Living Expenses to be paid.

Please take note that the above list is not exhaustive, additional requirements can be added from time to time.

Further Reads
3 had this question
Me Too
2 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Mar 8, 2019 at 18:49
Further info..
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.