Child's birth certificate/nationality for unregistered marriage of a Malaysian father and a foreign mother

420 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Sep 16, 2018 at 17:59
edited on Sep 28, 2018 at 03:24
We are married in Thailand on March 07, 2018 and registered our marriage in JABATAN HAL EHWAL AGAMA ISLAM NEGERI KELANTAN, MALAYSIA on August 20, 2018 but until now we haven’t get our marriage certificate... we try to follow up, but they say the certificate still not yet okay.... and I am 9 months pregnant now and will give birth anytime soon.

1. Can I still get the birth certificate for new born baby?  
2. Can the father's name to be listed in the birth certificate for new born baby since we are unmarried parents?  
3. Since the mother is a foreigner, what are the procedure and documents needed to get the birth certificate for new born baby?  
4. Will the baby become a Malaysian citizen or obtain the citizenship of the mother since marriage registration is taking place late?
5. Will the baby still can get passport right after I give birth? 

Thanks in advance.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Sep 17, 2018 at 13:08
edited Sep 28, 2018 at 03:55

You have been posting here and there giving bits and pieces..

You are now a Muslim, follow Shariah laws, I am not allowed to pen opinions on Shariah laws or else I may go to Jail. Go seek the advise of a competent qualified Shariah lawyer.

In registration of birth of a child to a foreign mother, the citizenship follows the mother in the absence of a valid marriage certificate issued by the Civil Marriages. Even under unique circumstances, the name of the "Father" stated in the Red Birth Certificate for foreign mother will be, for e.g., Hazel "Bin Abdullah" (child of God).

My sincere and last advice is..

Go back to Singapore by road at Woodlands to give birth. Singapore may accept the registration of birth having the child with the Father's name (subject to the Shariah laws in place there now).

You may be in the process enroute to the breaking of more immigration laws if you overstay and give birth here.


Bye and Good Luck to your child. You have to make the wise personal choice for your child's future..
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 17, 2018 at 13:31
edited Sep 28, 2018 at 04:00

I managed to get special pass already. And they give me 30 days to stay here in Malaysia.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.