Foreign wife to divorce with Malaysian Chinese

515 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Aug 12, 2018 at 23:27
edited on Aug 25, 2018 at 21:43
I married a Malaysian Chinese 2 years ago. Now I want to leave him. We have never been happy together after marriage. When we first met, he was such a good guy, always humble and listened to me. We were happy but after marriage, he changed a lot. He gossips about me everywhere. He even brought 3 gangsters to beat me up. He wants me to stay at home while he enjoys life wherever he likes.

After marriage we never go dating, never go out to celebrate our special days. He said Chinese people are so simple. He doesn't like to bring me shopping as that's just a waste of money.

He likes to consult Chinese Thailand masters and they told him that both of us no longer have future and he believes that. I never cheated him but his friend told him that I can cheat on him. Just what kind of friend he has.

He treats me very badly so far. Even when I was sick, he never cares. I help him with his business for 2 years plus everyday. But he said his business growth is because of him.

Now I have no confidence in him. I am tired with all his empty promises everyday. I just want to leave him. Where should I go and how do I get a divorce? Please help me.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Aug 12, 2018 at 23:45
edited Aug 25, 2018 at 21:47
Are you a Thai? But your name sounds Muslima..

After having married for two years you can file for Divorce.
Any children?
1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 12, 2018 at 23:51
edited Aug 25, 2018 at 21:49
@jeff005, thanks for your help. I am not from Thailand but from East Asia. We have no kids. After divorce, I want to go back to my country. I am not Muslim. We are both Buddhist. Do I need to get a lawyer?
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 13, 2018 at 01:30
As a foreigner, you will need a lawyer to represent you if you file for single petition divorce.

If your husband agrees to a mutual divorce, then it would be faster and easier (use the same lawyer).
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.