Indian to convert from Muslim to Hindu to marry Malaysian

505 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Jun 30, 2018 at 19:14
edited on Jul 12, 2018 at 01:34
I want to marry a guy from India who is a Muslim. He visited me several times but due to religion issue, we are not able to get married. Now he has gone back to India to convert his religion to Hindu. Will there be any problem to register our marriage once he comes back with a new passport with his Hindu name?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Aug 28, 2018 at 08:59
edited Sep 3, 2018 at 23:46
If the marriage was furnish with him being a Hindu then it might not be a problem for now.

What our legal concern is there are instances that when the marriage had gone for few years he might apply for the marriage to be declared as null and void due to the fact that he was previously a Hindu. 

These tactics by some people was made when there are children or properly or loan under spouse name was involve.

It is like you are playing with a time bomb which can blow up at his mercy. What we are concern is what will happen to your children if he suddenly go to High Court to declare the marriage is a nullity.

The Law Chambers of Fazaly Ali
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.