Legal means to recover debt

548 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Jun 7, 2018 at 18:51
My tenant (which is a company) owes me an amount of approximately RM9,000. I have done my research and note that for claims below RM5,000, I can DIY and submit a small claims with the magistrate's court. However, it is presently not clear on what my options are for amounts above RM5,000. 

If I engage a lawyer to send a statutory letter of demand, what is the next step if my tenant fails to pay up? I also understand that you can submit a winding up petition against a debtor if the amount owing is at least RM30,000. In my case, what would be my recourse if my tenant refused to pay up?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Aug 26, 2018 at 10:53
After demand. Lawyer will prepare summons. File in court and get a date for ur case. If u want to represent on ur own. U can do as well . U juz need to follow procedure required.

To wind up company debt owe is 500 if x mistaken. 50k is for bankruptcy vs individual 
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.