My Malaysian husband wants to divorce me (foreigner - Indonesian)

515 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Mar 16, 2018 at 00:04
edited on Mar 20, 2018 at 18:12
I married with a Malaysian and I'm an Indonesian. We registered our married at Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) on August 2017.

Now my hubby wants to divorce me but I don't want. He always chases me out, asks me to go back to my home town as he doesn't want to see my face again.

We went to Legal Aid and asked about divorce procedure and was told that for foreigner married with Malaysian can only divorce after 2 years of marriage. Since he chases me out, I have no option but to move out of his house and go back to my home town, Indonesia.

While I was back in Indonesia I failed to get any job thus I traveled back to Malaysia in search for a job. Finally I found a job there but I am stuck with my spouse visa which will be expiring soon. My boss says he can help me to apply for a working permit visa but prior to that I must extend my spouse visa, then he'll do the rest. The problem is my husband refuses to extend my visa. When I ask him to extend my visa, his reply is always - please go back and I will not extend your visa. He is very cruel and never thought of my survival as I still have a son to take care and I need to pay for his school expenses.

My questions are:

1. Is it true if foreigner married with Malaysian and wants to divorce will need to wait 2 years?
2. Is it possible can directly divorce and no need to wait till 2 years since he doesn't want me? I also need to survive and work because I need the divorce letter to revoke my spouse visa since he refused to extend my visa?
3. Are there any solutions for me to work in Malaysia without related to the spouse visa?

I really desperate and frustrated. Please advise me. Thank you.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Mar 16, 2018 at 17:54
edited Mar 20, 2018 at 18:14
Brief answers:

1.  Even local married to local needs two years cooling period.

2.  Do not understand your query.

3.  You can work under the Visit Pass that is in your passport pages now. Post a copy here for better understanding.

4.  There is actually no spouse visa. Foreign spouses with valid pass is allowed to work with permission from the Immigration. You have been given inaccurate info from various sources. I need to see the pass that is on your passport.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 16, 2018 at 18:24
edited Mar 20, 2018 at 18:15
The answer to your No.3 above is for your new employer to submit direct to the Immigration your application for a working permit. He goes direct. No agents. Not MyEG.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.