Vietnamese overstayed in Malaysia for 3 years. What happens if he surrenders?

462 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Feb 28, 2018 at 13:33
edited on Apr 13, 2018 at 00:56
I would like to know what would happen to a Vietnamese if I can persuade him to go with me to the Malaysia Immigration.

He came here more than three years ago and didn’t return after his visa had expired. He has a valid passport.

Jail, lashing and a large amount of money, are those what awaits him?

Thank you!
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Feb 28, 2018 at 22:01
edited Apr 13, 2018 at 01:00
You do not need to persuade him. Just ask him if he wants to be jailed and/or whipped with 30mm diameter chemically treated cane.

He came here for more than three years ago, and didn’t return after has visa had expired. He has a valid passport. 
His visa validity has expired. His Social Visit Pass of 30 days has also expired. That's two counts of infringements of immigration laws.
2 found this helpful

answered on Feb 28, 2018 at 22:24
edited Apr 13, 2018 at 01:03
He is a Vietnamese. All is not totally lost. I believe that the extension of the 3+1 Voluntary Surrender has been allocated to Vietnamese too. Just follow these steps:

1.  Go to the Vietnam Embassy to seek help and further info. They may have appointed a special agent to deal with this type of  Repatriation .

2.  With exit docs from the Vietnam embassy or the Appointed Agent, surrender to the Malaysia Immigration. (Note that the agent may bring them, not embassy staff)

3. The old rates charged by the Immigration were RM300 as penalties and RM100 for exit pass at airport. But with an agent now, they may charge a little bit more.

My personal advice is to take this LAST LAST Golden Opportunity. No hassle, no jail term. The Immigration will give him a ban of 5 years.
2 found this helpful

answered on Feb 28, 2018 at 22:29
edited Apr 13, 2018 at 01:04
Do not go with him to the Immigration HQ. You can be detained and charged with knowledge or harboring an illegal.
2 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.