Change in Name of Housing Project Without Prior Notice. What is the legal remedy?

146 Views  ⚫  Asked 11 Months Ago
asked on Feb 6, 2018 at 17:04
edited on Mar 8, 2018 at 03:19
About 22 months ago I signed the agreement for a double storey link house in a new housing scheme. At the time of signing, the housing scheme was given a name that appealed very much to me, but now I come understand that the name of the scheme has been totally changed to an unfavorable name.. If I have known about its name, I would not have bought the house. The keys to the house is scheduled to be handed over in a couple of weeks... but I feel cheated by the developer. Is there any legal remedy for me?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Feb 6, 2018 at 17:26
Yes, you can sue at Consumer's Tribunal at Putrajaya, up to RM25,000 for the loss of property value due to change of name.  No need lawyers there.
1 found this helpful

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 17:26
edited Mar 8, 2018 at 03:20
Thank you very vkpc for your kind reply... greatly appreciate your advice.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.