Posted here few months back. Wife finally filed for divorce and custody of child after verbally asking for it for months. I'll try my best to fill in the facts here:
Facts of custody:
1. She claim my son is living and staying with her. (Not true, my son has been living with me since she left)
2. She claims currently i am seeign my son on Friday evenings to Sunday evening. (I see my son Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Sunday. All due to classes he have)
3. Also claims i am unemployed (partner with 4 staff)
4. She claim she is contributing to the:
a. Daily living cost (he's been living with me mostly, I've been paying)
b. School Fees (Son studies in SJKC + the fact that the contact person for the school is my wife. Fee is minimal and i am not the go-to person. I can volunteer to change that)
c. Insurance Fees (She is my insurance agent, and she pays for the insurance fee for my son and myself, I have requested for her to terminate my insurance as i want to pay other people to manage)
d. Medical Fees (Either side pays whever son is with us)
Her expenses per month would not exceed RM300 (max including all the above + food + misc), I'm already paying RM 6++/ month for tuition and sports alone, not including food and other things.
This divorce will be solely about our child and the monies that associated with it. No props or assets involved. However she wants me to pay for kos guaman ini. I can't possibly afford this.
What she wants, which I won't go into all the details here but i pretty much covered to gist, is Monday to Friday and i get weekends as per what she claims I am getting now.
Hak Jagaan bersesama but she wants full care and control given to her. Kos petisyen also want me to bear.
1. Both in our 30s, have one 7 year old son
2. Married in 2009, Separation in 2011, Reconcile in 2013, Wife moved out in 2016, Filed for Divorce last thursday 2017. Document reach me Monday. SHe is filing based on 2011 berpisah...But we patched. Even went to oversea holiday with our son)
3. She is working with a 8k/month job while i run a semi freelance advertising agency raising my son (I'd be happy if i bring home 4k to 5k a month). I really love my life right now because i see the value in raising my son right. I motivated her to get a higher position and demand a pay rise before she left, guess she suddenly realized i'm not rich enough.
My son really want to stay with me but he hate to hurt his mom's side...because since he started standard one, I've helped him improved his scores, marks and position in class tremendously. (21/44 in class to 6/44 and we don't speak a word of Mandarin at home) And he is doing very well extra-curricular, but i know this will seem like i psycho him into choosing sides...So i'm not sure if my son will be asked...
How can i ask for more help? I'm asked to appear in court Mid December. (so i guess skip mediation?) I really need help deciphering the lawyer speak of the divorce documents. She claims and ask for many things which is simply not true. I wish my son can speak for himself. I can't afford a lawyer and i guess my only option is to self represent and hope that i do not get destroyed by her lawyer. Pls help, maybe i need a lawyer, maybe i can represent myself.
148 Views ⚫ Asked 8 Months Ago