JPN Child Registration for Converts

455 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Nov 17, 2017 at 08:21
edited on Nov 17, 2017 at 08:33
I'm a Muslim convert (just to get legally married with my Muslim husband), got the islam card but I've never gotten my IC changed at JPN, so according to them when I went there, I am still a non Muslim.  

Question : 
1. Will there be any implications when I register my child with JPN in future ? Since the marriage cert will show it's done in JAWI (indicating I'm Muslim) while my IC doesn't show. 
2. Can I just fill in religion for my child as non Muslim? 
3. Is it possible if I chose to register my child as born out of wedlock (so they won't see that I'm Muslim since they're only looking at IC) even if I'm legally married ? 
4. Is there any possibility at all to register the kid but not have the word ISLAM on the IC ? 

Or is there any other alternatives so that my child would not be registered as Muslim?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Nov 17, 2017 at 11:39
What is your husband's opinion about this proposal?
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 17, 2017 at 14:22
You are intermingling civil and syariah marriage and family laws. One fine day you will be caught in a nasty mess.

If you die suddenly, your child gets nothing if the religious authorities makes claims in your properties, insurances, EPF etc etc
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.