Overstayed in Malaysia 4 years ago. Just got a visa from the High Commission. Can I visit Malaysia again without any problem at the Immigration?

241 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Oct 28, 2017 at 20:51
edited on Nov 17, 2017 at 07:26
I overstayed in Malaysia from 2012 to 2014 on my tourist visa and I also lost my passport. I was arrested by the police and sent to the detention camp in Malaysia. I returned to my home country, Sri Lanka in February 2014.

It's October 2017 now. I would like to go to Malaysia on a sponsored visa to marry a Malaysian girl. I already got the visa from the High Commission of Malaysia. If I go to Malaysia, will there be any problem at the Immigration? Can I go to Malaysia? Please advise.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Oct 28, 2017 at 21:06
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 07:32
When I went back to Sri Lanka, my fingerprints were never taken by the Immigration Malaysia and there was no any banned chop on my emergency pass. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 31, 2017 at 01:41
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 07:37
I already got visa from High Commission of Malaysia
Getting a Visa is to enter Malaysia. Immigration Malaysia may not give you a Social Visa Pass to visit. They may have omitted to finger print you but the blacklisting of your name from Sri Lanka stays on the Immigration records. 

there is no any banned chop on my emergency pass... 
Emergency pass can only be used ONCE  (one time). Why so stupid to stamp on it?

You May have 2 Blacklistings
1.  By INTERPOL  for lost of passport.  Your name and old passport number.
2.  By Malaysian Immigration for lost of passport and long overstaying, detention and possibly had jail term.

So, any travelers from Sri Lanka with new passport with same name as you is likely to be given NTL  upon arrival (if do not bring old passport) if cannot explain purpose of current visit. It was reported in the Media that 30-40 overseas inbound travelers/tourists were denied entry daily.

My suggestions is to go into Singapore and enter via the Land Border Crossing  to test your new passport. If there is a problem to enter, just walk backwards into Singapore. Just only 1.2km, instead be detained at airport for next available expensive air ticket home.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.