I've won a civil suit. What's the best way to get my money?

201 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Oct 20, 2017 at 07:45
by   MatMin
edited on Oct 31, 2017 at 10:14
I've been cheated by a house owner during the process of buying her house. She doctored the documents by removing her ex-husband's name from the house title and previous SNP. To make it short, I have file a civil suit and won the case and have received the 'penghakiman' saying that she has to pay me the amount she owes me plus the 'ganti rugi teruk and teladan' amounting to RM240k.

In the same time she was also arrested and charged for 4 'pertuduhan' including mine, but the trial has yet to take place.. maybe somewhere next year..

Whats the best way for me to get my money back? file bankruptcy against her? garnishee order? Can I apply for writ of possession of the house?

As per my knowledge the ex-husband is a bankrupt, and the owners still owe to the bank. The house has been auctioned several times by I believe it has not been sold... furthermore several individuals including me have caveated the house.

Thank you in advance.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
5 Answers

answered on Oct 20, 2017 at 13:31
by   IMNotSayingSo
edited Oct 31, 2017 at 10:13
Didn't your lawyer tell you that winning any civil case is easy, BUT fail to tell you that getting the moneys back is tough and will cost 2, 3 more times of fees and time consuming?
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 20, 2017 at 20:41
by   MatMin
Today my lawyer say we will have further discussion... but while waiting for him I wanna hear from the experts on this page
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 20, 2017 at 22:56
by   vkpc
Did she contest your lawsuit?

In such situations, it may be better to hire a private investigator than a lawyer
to determine the size of her assets versus her total debts.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 22, 2017 at 18:13
by   MatMin
edited Oct 31, 2017 at 10:11
No, she did not. Have never thought of getting a private investigator.. might consider this option..
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 2, 2017 at 17:25
by   MatMin
Just told by my lawyer, the culprit is now a bankrupt .. so my lawyer will file the proof of debt. Will update later
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.