Overstay in Malaysia. Lost passport.

221 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Oct 12, 2017 at 03:14
by   Simon05
edited on Oct 23, 2017 at 09:33
I am a Vietnamese in Johor, Malaysia now. I have lost my passport and I want to go back to my home country. What should I do? Please help.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Oct 12, 2017 at 03:38
by   jeff005
edited Oct 23, 2017 at 09:36
How did you lose your passport? Did you lose your wallet too?

Go make a police report for lost passport. Your lost passport will be blacklisted in Interpol and Aseanapol.

Bring the police report to your Vietnam Embassy. Your embassy will issue you exit documents.

Then with polis report and exit documents go surrender to Immigration Malaysia.

If you have overstayed, pay RM300 fine for overstay, RM100 for Exit Pass for airport immigration.

Buy own air ticket.

Immigration Malaysia will give you a free bonus ticket too, a "Get out of Jail" free card. Do not pass "GO".
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 12, 2017 at 05:49
by   Simon05
edited Oct 23, 2017 at 09:37
Thank you so much for your advice. If I have overstayed, wouldn't I face problem at the police station? Would I still be able to have chance to go to the Embassy? 
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 12, 2017 at 15:39
by   jeff005
edited Oct 23, 2017 at 09:40
If you just overstay and did not lose your passport, my advice is go to your Vietnam Embassy to seek help. Report loss of passport, other countries under Aseanapol, may blacklist you from entering their countries for no time limit.

Think wisely if you are a young person.

The new rules in the US now is that if you lost a passport and have overstayed in other countries before, they may not issue you a Visa to enter. Many countries are following the same in Europe.

9 put 10 illegal workers who overstay in Malaysia, report lost of passport which is giving Interpol a big headache and a big database of useless information. Interpol will suggest ban on issuance of passport for reports of lost passports more than one time.

The rule of thumb now in this new period/policy, is never report loss of passport,
unless your passport have been defaced or made obsoleted by false visa or false extension of visit pass or even false work permit.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.