Unmarried foreigner giving birth in Malaysia

581 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Oct 11, 2017 at 18:48
edited on Oct 23, 2017 at 09:44
I'm a foreigner and my boyfriend is Malaysian Indian. I'm 2 months pregnant. Any problem if I give birth in Malaysia even if me and my boyfriend are not married yet? Is it the child can registered here? What should we do?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Oct 12, 2017 at 02:47
Have you overstayed your Social Visit Pass.?
If you have, go back to your country for child birth.
No, your child cannot be registered here unless you two are married and you cannot get married if you have overstayed. Your child can be born here, you will just get a letter stating the child is born in Malaysia and both mother and infant will be deported after the birth of the child.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 12, 2017 at 04:32
edited Oct 23, 2017 at 09:45
No, I have not overstay in Malaysia but we plan to marry. So it means I can't give birth here and put my boyfriend name in our baby's birth certificate.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.