Can I get a tourist visa then change to work visa in Malaysia?

180 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Sep 19, 2017 at 02:57
edited on Oct 3, 2017 at 08:56
I want to know is it legal to take a tourist visa and migrate to work visa in Malaysia?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Sep 19, 2017 at 03:24
No legal way  , but you should contact immigration direct and find out 
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 19, 2017 at 05:12
edited Oct 3, 2017 at 09:15
@ punku9810

migrate to work visa
In Malaysia, there is no migration of any types of between Visa or Pass  (unlike some European countries). These are lies created by agents to cheat people. And there is no such term as Work Visa  in Malaysia. It is called  Employment Pass.

The other way is to apply for a multiple entry visa to enter Malaysia. You would be given a Social Visit Pass  which is valid for 30 days only and cannot be extended. You have to leave Malaysia within 30 days.

While on tour and visit, you can look for a job if you have Professional Certifications or Special skills. The prospective company will use your credentials and passport particulars to apply to Immigration. No agents are allowed. Employer apply direct. Once it is approved you would be inform and do the necessary followup applications at the Malaysian Embassy in your country and can come in again.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.