Sales and Purchase: Lawyer issuing me invalid cheques for balance purchase

221 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Sep 13, 2017 at 07:55
edited on Oct 3, 2017 at 10:24
Me (vendor) and the purchaser appointed a lawyer to do conveyancing Sales and Purchase (SNP). After the bank has released the loan to the lawyer, I had requested the lawyer to hand over the balance purchase price. The lawyer gave me a cheque which was declined by the bank and subsequently another cheque which was also declined.

They lawyer have not entertain my calls nor reply my messages. I am worried of what to do now. Please advise.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Sep 13, 2017 at 10:15
Many lawyers run away with client's money.
Worse still, some refuse to pay back the client but don't even try to run away because they think they are untouchable.

Firstly, you can name the lawyer or law firm here.
Don't be afraid if you are right and are telling the truth.
There is no question of defamation when you only tell the truth.

Secondly, you can email a complaint to Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board
Show them the bounced cheques to get the lawyer disrobed.
This process may take many months.

Finally, if you still can't get your payment, you may have to hire another lawyer to sue this lawyer.
This process may take more than one year and may cost a lot of money.
Try to choose a more trustworthy lawyer this round.
1 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.