Add Father's name on Son's birth Certificate

232 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jun 24, 2017 at 00:16
I had a son on 3rd November 2016 born in sabah. 

I am a foreigner married to local sabahan. My wife got pregnant in feb 2016.   After that i was extremely busy in my business at my country that she was alone. When i return we wanted to get married but bcz i was a muslim i coulnldnt marry my girl cz she was not muslim. 

After her birth and few days of her resting we started the procedure. We changed her name converted her to muslim.   Than we had nikkah on 10th feb 2017. 

1. My son birth certificate doesnt have father name/Nama Bapu listed can i add my name on his certificate. 

2. As my wife was not muslim the time she give birth, my son was also listed Non muslim. Can his name and religion be changed?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jun 24, 2017 at 02:36
The answers to the above Q's
1. YES
2. YES

Go to JPN and make an application.
The procedures are listed there.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.