Overstay for 5 years now

223 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jun 6, 2017 at 20:13
by   Sue Tan
Hi all, I'm asking for my friend.

I got to know from her just recently that they're having some overstay issues. She is a Malaysian and her partner is a Nigerian, overstayed for 5 years now and they have 2 kids. They're a happy family. The guy is not working but been taking care of the kids well at home since when they're infant while my friend, she has a decent job, earning average income. They know there's overstay fees to pay, penalty/rotan and also will be ban to come back to Malaysia which has been their biggest concern as they really don't want to separate long from each other and the kids. They hope he can go and come back to the family.

I've read few posts here and explained to her also but just want to raise a question here perhaps will get more advice to help them. Really trying to see how I can advise her or help them. Please no bashing. I know this is very serious and I'm very sure they know about it too. They're just helpless now and waiting to get a loan to settle this issue. Really appreciate if anyone can advise. Thanks in advance.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jun 6, 2017 at 21:06
by   jeff005
edited Jun 12, 2017 at 09:35
@ Sue Tan

What do you mean by bashing? Negative replies are sure to be there if it is a sob story. What is there to hide when there are 2 young Malaysian kids involved?

1. Is his passport still active?
2. Is there a registered marriage?
3. When exactly he came in? Year and month?
4. Have the children got their MyKid?

Long story cut short. For overstaying there is definitely a ban. For this case of 5 years overstay, no extra high fines, no need to applying loan, waste moneys, 5 years outright 5 years ban.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.