Bankrupt - How To Apply to Work Overseas (Yearly / Periodic )

1526 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jun 1, 2017 at 02:14
by   jeff005
edited on Jul 18, 2017 at 10:35
As a Bankrupt who has reported in to JIM and is under the Case Management, one can apply to Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia (JIM) to travel overseas for work purposes. They are three main types :-
1. Working overseas already
2. New application for new job overseas
3. Application for occasional travel overseas for Business / other purposes.

A kind Bankrupt / forumer who has been working overseas for past 1 year have just renewed his Travel Pass  last week had informed me about the current conditions imposed by JIM.

The conditions are :-
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
25 Answers
« Previous   1   2   3   Next »  Last »

answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 04:59
by   Donuts
edited Jun 13, 2017 at 05:01
by   Donuts
Hi Jeff , 

The answer is in bold. 

1. A valid passport does not mean you can travel overseas out from Malaysia. If you are overseas already, you can travel from one country to another for those visa free countries. 
Let said if i now go back to malaysia to report in to JIM , but i don't tell them i have the valid passport just tell them my passport is lost when they ask . Can i exit malaysia by just walk thru or by IC from bukit kayu hitam and after arrive thailand use passport to chop and go to other country , is that possible ?

2. For new application to work overseas, there must be offer letter from overseas employer. There must be tax clearance from the Tax Dept. 
i can get the offer letter from overseas but is the tax clearance must be from the country i work in ?

3. The 3 years discharge refer to after reporting in to JIM, a bankrupt have to do a CASE MANAGEMENT with JIM for 3 years before making an application for discharge subject to the consent of the creditors. It is not a 100pc successful discharge. 
if not 100% can clear the name by 3 years , is that any other way to clear of the name ?

4. Bkcy laws require you to submit husband and children legal status. Is yr marriage registered in both countries? Are the children citizens of Malaysia? 
My husband is cambodian , registered married only in malaysia. My children stay in cambodia with me but holding malaysian passport and also citizen of malaysia like me as they born in malaysia.

5. Which overland country you are in now? Thailand or Singapore? There is nothing scare to tell. Have you obtained residency. In these 2 countries, if not, you maybe breaking immigration laws of these 2 countries. Even if you get permission to exit Malaysia, you may be ban from entering those countries. 
Currently i'm in cambodia . i didn't apply citizenship or PR in cambodia.

6. Bkcy Laws requires you to surrender yr passport to JIM once you have reported in. It does not matter if you do not surrender it, it has been bar for overseas travel. 
is that mean once i enter malaysia again and after report in with JIM, even i hold a valid passport i still hard to exit malaysia even by land ?

There are more other issues in your case and actually very brief info from you. By what you have written above, your application to work overseas have big issues. Btw, for renewal in second year, there is a requirement to have a valid working permit in that country you are in for taxation purposes.
May i know why will be the big issues for me to apply to work in overseas ?

I have check from the for 2 years even until today i already receive the notice from newspaper and also have the file number is still show "tiada halangan"?

Sorry i have a lot unclear question or not sure the way how to ask for this , as this bankruptcy filed due to my father company as i have the name in it with , but i dint work in there  that y i'm unclear and i no nothing . Just know i filed with bankruptcy 2 years ago. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 05:05
by   Donuts
edited Jun 13, 2017 at 05:12
by   Donuts
Hi Iman , 

Response in bold 

Your passport's validity is until 2019 but if you are already declared bankrupt, they will blacklist your passport. If you are going out of Malaysia, they will stop you at the immigration. Not sure what happen if you are coming back, maybe they will take away your passport upon arrival. But definitely, if your name is blacklisted, you will not be able to go out of Malaysia. 

So just check online and see the status. If you are bankrupt it will say something like  

which means that you will never get pass Malaysian Immigration. 

I have check sspi2 for 2 years until today , it still show that "Tiada Halang " i'm wondering why it still show tiada halangan , but i already have the notice from the newspaper and also the have the file number .
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 10:46
by   lily sim
sorry, I try to call up the officer Insolvency Department in Johor Bahru (who is in charge my case)
but there is no response from them.Even i email them.My bankruptcy case since year 2008

Is there any other department i can contact?

Cause I'm in KL
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 13:21
by   jeff005
@ lily sim
Aiyaa.. u r a registered member. Pls start a new thread. Do not clutter this page which is meant for working overseas issues. Start with topic "Made Bankrupt in 2008 but no response from JIM now". Mention how much was bkcy amount, by banks or others, why u didn't report in when bankrupted, why now u only want to contact JIM. Without more info, how to answer more clearly.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 14, 2017 at 21:05
by   jeff005
edited Jun 14, 2017 at 21:08
by   jeff005
@ Donuts

Curious Q's
1. Why use a cute id for a  very serious Query?
2. How old are you? The ages of your 2 child?
3. You ate safely overseas now, why decide to come back now?
4. Under what status are you and your children living in Cambodia now since you are all Malaysiians.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 14, 2017 at 21:30
by   Donuts
edited Jun 14, 2017 at 21:58
by   Donuts
@ Jeff 

1) There is no specific it just came up from my mind in the middle of the night , while i creating the user ID ..hahaha
2) I'm 28. My kids are 6 & 4 .
3) Because i'm worrying after my passport expired and i not sure what should i do . 
My Father asked me now the bkcy act change ,will i want to go back to meet with JIM about the 3 years case management and apply with JIM regarding work overseas. But i'm worrying if i go back to malaysia i have to surrender my passport and if they not approve me for my application to work in oversea , i might be end up staying in malaysia. Beside that, in the the form to fill in before meet with JIM hv to fill in my husband details, children age , name , school name and etc. 
4) I'm using 1 year Multi-Visa in cambodia .
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 14, 2017 at 22:24
by   jeff005
edited Jun 14, 2017 at 22:53
by   jeff005
@ Donuts

May I know your name?
Tq for answering my Qs. Most ppl stop when I ask for ages of their children. They may think I am nutty or trying to be funny. It is mainly for the children that I would try to analyzed your situation and offer best option. I would not want children to be without one of parents by their side at such ages. I hv  a soft spot for children.

I will digest all yr information again and will reply u tonite or tmrw. Am working now. No hurry, my personal view is that you should not cone back next month. You are not ready to come back to report in yet.

I believe you have posted before on this forum weeks ago rite? 
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 15, 2017 at 01:22
by   Donuts

Sorry my name have to be confidential as here might be have the person who knows me , just call me donuts if you don't mind . 

As i think i need help from here ,  somehow i can't directly called JIM and told them my situation .So i have to summary out my detail , question and problem . Just hope someone here can help me or advise me the pros and cons base on my situation ,and point me the way that i might be can go for.

Just found this website 2 days ago , the post from week ago is not me . But i did open a new question in the forum this morning . But so far have only one person response from the new post question, guess i have to wait for a little bit more longer to get more responses. 

Thank you for your reply. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 15, 2017 at 02:14
by   jeff005
@ Donutes

For the children.

Personal views/opinions
1. The chances of you getting approval is only 20pc, my estimate, as you are really not working. Just ask yourself, if you are JIM, would you release a bankrupt whose husband and children are not in Malaysia. Once release you, chances you may not come back in next 5 years. By then you may have gotten citizenship in the other country too. In Thailand, if I am not mistaken, PR to citizenship is just 3 years. Go get a job and employment pass. It is very cheap in Cambodia. With that come back and apply to work overseas. And what about getting A Guarantor. The guarantor have to make payments while you are working overseas. Who wants to be one? Your father cannot as he could be bankrupted too.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 15, 2017 at 02:29
by   jeff005
2. Walking across Changlun with your ic. Yes, I can do it, but not you. It is a one way ticket, not to come back to Malaysia for next 5 years. You have young children and should not take risks and you are just 28.

The joker who teaches ppl to do it this way did not explain how it actually works. This is the smuggler's route.I can use border pass or I.c. becuz my ic is kedah. Can u? And there are a lot of moneys to bribe. You might as well use the moneys to pay to JIM.
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   3   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.