Overstayed: Emergency exist pass and recovering money from Western Union!

285 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on May 5, 2017 at 17:19
by   mauricio
edited on May 15, 2017 at 05:07
I have some issues and have to leave this country.

After overstaying and after committing the mistake of giving my passport to Agents... and you all know how that ends! I recovered my passport back and also got a job proposal from a local company here in Kuala Lumpur.

The company interested in hiring me proceeded to clear my overstay and paid for the special pass and the compound but they found out that I have been blacklisted and informed me of this situation, so I lost this job opportunity.

Now my intentions are to just simply leave Malaysia and head back to my home country. My problem is that I have money stuck in Western Union which was sent to me to pay for my airplane ticket and some other accounts that I need to close. The amount in Western Union is very big so I cannot use a local Malaysian to change the name and collect it.

I only have RM1,000 cash with me to pay the Emergency pass chop.

So my questions are:

1. Is RM 1,000 enough to pay for the emergency chop?
2. Can I collect my money from Western Union with this chop in my passport?
3. What other thing can I do to collect my money from Western Union but doing it on my own?

Thank you in advance.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on May 5, 2017 at 20:06
by   jeff005
edited May 15, 2017 at 05:14
@ mauricio

In your other post I have mention that "overstay is overstay". There is no way an agent or a prospective employer can get you a work permit. Unless you have overstayed on a work permit that was not renewed.

Is RM 1,000 enough to pay for the emergency chop?
There is no emergency chop. It only cost RM100 to get an "Exit Pass", one or two pieces of papers that allow you to exit from Immigration Check Points at the airports.

You should be concerned about the penalties for overstaying. It should be over 4 months now. A rough estimate is at RM30 per day overstay. For certain countries, if the amount is too high, they may be kind to levy a smaller flat rate.

Can I collect my money from Western Union with this chop in my passport ?
You can collect the monies from any Western Union branches just using your passport provided the sender have key in your particulars same as in the passport. Never loose your passport again or given to another person other than the Immigration Department who would issue you acknowledgement documents.

Note again There is no emergency chop on your passport! The only stamp on your passport is the BAN period which will be done at the Airport Immigration or Immigration HQ.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.