Woking permit for a foreigner married to a local

279 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Feb 9, 2017 at 21:54
edited on Feb 15, 2017 at 04:08
I just want to ask if do I have to apply to a new working permit if there is a sudden changes in my working place? I mean, I will work with other company after resigning to the previous one? I'm asking this questions because every year I have to renew my visa together with my working permit. Since my permit have 7 months more validity before it expired. And in my working permit, it indicated the company that I am working and my position. Am I going to have a problem if I suddenly jump to other company which is not indicated to my permit but the scope of the job is same as the previous one? I hope you understand my questions and I hope to receive a reply as soon as possible.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Feb 9, 2017 at 23:44
edited Feb 15, 2017 at 04:09
Am I going to have a problem if I suddenly jump to other company
Highly possible if you did not leave that company in a proper manner.

I hope you understand my questions
It is very difficult to answer your questions because there were many policies changes in Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (JIM) for the past 6 months. I am not up date with the current changes. My opinions or sharing of views can be outdated.

To understand your situation better I have the following questions:

1. Date of marriage?
2. When was the 1st Employment permit/pass granted (is it before or after marriage)?
3. Under what visa/pass you are in Malaysia now?
4. Validity period of (3) above?
5. What type of employment contract were you holding when you enter (Type of services)?

There is no changing of company under Foreign Employment Contract. Only under very special circumstances it can be done.

there is a sudden changesĀ 
What is the sudden changes? If there is sexual harassment, yes, can be "transferred" to another employer who is willing. But still have to apply by the other employer.

Your case is very different from others.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.