Where or how can I get a Tax Clearance report?

966 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on Aug 27, 2015 at 06:03
edited on Dec 13, 2016 at 08:29
I was working in Malaysia from 2011-2013 holding an employment pass. During that time my company paid my tax. Now I got an offer from other company but I need a copy of the tax clearance report for submission to the immigration. How can I get it?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Nov 26, 2016 at 16:23
edited Dec 13, 2016 at 09:44
How can I get it?

Your previous employer should have applied for a Tax Clearance Letter by filing Form CP21 with Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (Tax Department of Malaysia) either via e-SPC (Sistem Surat Penyelesaian Cukai) or manually, before you depart from Malaysia. A Tax Clearance Letter would then be issued and sent to your employer with a copy sent to you (perhaps sent to your employer's address). Try to contact your previous employer and get the copy from them.

If you have outstanding unpaid tax, you will be barred from leaving or entering Malaysia by the Immigration Department of Malaysia upon receiving instruction from the Tax Department.

If you have difficulties in getting a Tax Clearance Letter from your previous employer, contact the Tax Department of Malaysia at: (select English language)
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.