IM/96 (c) and B/B6

3380 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Jan 11, 2017 at 06:17
edited on Jan 6, 2018 at 05:51
My boyfriend, mid 30's, from Taiwan (family business) with legal and valid document including return air ticket came to Malaysia to meet up with my family to discuss and make arrangement & choose date for our wedding. We seek advise from Taipei Embassy in Malaysia to extend his 30 days visit visa as there is not enough time. But they told us we can't. All we need to do is to fly out of Malaysia & re-enter then he'll get fresh 30 days.

We booked our pre-wedding photo shooting on last year November (our anniversary) and my birthday is in September. So he arrived in September. We flew out of the country in October to buy our wedding gown. November we flew to Bali for the shooting. But the day when we came back from Bali, he was stuck at the KLIA2. The officer only asked him to wait inside. And we didn't know what's wrong. The Immigration says he has entered Malaysia 3 times in 3 month and it was against the system even though the did not overstay. They deported him back to Bali. They didn't even allow him to use his already pre-booked air ticket for direct flight back to Taiwan. According to them, he has to go back to the Bali where he came from then from Bali fly to Taiwan. Behind his passport they stamp IM/96 (c) and B/B6.

I would appreciate if anyone could help advise:
1. Can he still come to Malaysia?
2. We were supposed to go Japan to register our marriage after we came back from Bali. But now he can't enter Malaysia, how can we proceed to register our marriage if he can't come to Malaysia?
3. Where should we appeal & how to go about it?

We felt helpless. We choose to register here and not Taiwan because his parents are against our marriage as I'm divorcee with kids. I can't leave Malaysia at the moment as I'm working here and I have my own commitment to settle before moving to Taiwan. Due to age we plan to have kids now, that's why we have to be legally married now instead of later. 

I sincerely hope someone could advise us. Thank you and good day!
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
15 Answers
« Previous   1   2   Next »

answered on Jan 20, 2017 at 21:40
edited Jan 9, 2018 at 07:05

Thank you for your kind advice. We are preparing the document in Taiwan. But we don't understand what is Draft of marriage docs - (available online.)? I tried searching online and it seems to be marriage certificate. Maybe you could show us the sample or link that we can check it ourselves.
0 found this helpful

answered on May 27, 2017 at 20:54
edited Jan 9, 2018 at 07:17
Hi everyone,

Would like to keep you'll update on my case.

Special thanks to Jeff005. A big thanks to you. All steps and documents are correct. Only there are few things not listed. NTL stamp can re-enter Malaysia after 1 month but he/she needs to proof his reason to enter Malaysia. And there are few documents needed.

Our experience in 2017:

My boyfriend entered with all this documents as expected the interview part. He provided all documents for our marriage registration in Malaysia and 3 documents mention below:
1) Letter of invitation (NTL passport holder needs to provide or show to the immigration when he reaches Malaysia (In the letter need to state that I will bare all his expenses during his stay in Malaysia)
2) Return air ticket
3) Copies of IC and credit card of the person who wrote the invitation letter (need to provide before NTL holder enters Malaysia) - IC copy and my credit card.

** We are legally married but he CANNOT APPLY for social visa or pass.
Malaysia Immigration System has Double Standard for Malaysian Man & Woman.

1) Malaysian Man married Foreigner Woman CAN IMMEDIATELY or same day the registration of the marriage in Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) apply social visa/spouse visa.

2) Malaysian Woman married Foreigner Man CANNOT apply immediately. Foreigner husband needs to go back their origin country and wait for the maturity of their marriage (Which is 6 months from the date of registration in JPN) then return with all the latest updated documents for the social visa/spouse visa. NO appeal!!!
1 found this helpful

answered on May 27, 2017 at 21:01
edited Jan 9, 2018 at 07:06
@ Ann Shi

Thank you for your precious update. It is going to help a lot of people in the future with on hands updated immigration procedures. Very much appreciated.
0 found this helpful

answered on May 28, 2017 at 00:06
edited Jan 9, 2018 at 07:25

A big thanks to you. All steps and documents are correct.

Thank you very much. You really make my day especially today. Only yesterday someone shot me in my face. Toughmom posted "Mr Jeff, if you dunno say you dunno... don't simply give a stupid answer". Some people only wants to hear what they want to hear. If I posted the truth and it is not in their favour... I am their enemy No.1.

Malaysia Immigration System has Double Standard for Malaysian Man & Woman.
This is not Immigration Laws but Operational Procedures to protect Malaysian Women.

You may not be aware but it happen again and again to many women. It is due to the influx of foreign immigrants. Foreign men are extra nice, loving and accommodating towards our Malaysian ladies, actually making our Malaysian Men appears sexists and rough. But wait until once the foreign spouse received the PR status, divorce could possibly on the way. Most of the time then they would bring in the ex wives and undeclared 3, 4 children, parents and be sponsors of their kinsmen.

You have work hard for your two children. I admire your determination. You have found love despite objections from the "in-laws". True LOVE prevails.. Go embark on your journey to a new life, now that your children have grownup.

Wishing you Good Luck & Happiness in your Marriage and Adventure. You joyfully deserve it. I am too. You in Taiwan, I in Thailand...
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 17, 2019 at 19:51
edited Jan 19, 2019 at 06:44
Can someone please tell me what does IM.96(b) BSI/J1 stamp on my passport mean? Will it hamper my further travels to Malaysia or any other country?
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   Next »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.