What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

51896 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
6 had this question
Me Too
6 favorites
[ share ]
1191 Answers
« Previous   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   Next »  Last »

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:35

My passport had expired. Can i surrender now?
Of course you can and have to, if not, how are you going to exit Malaysia legally?

You have broken the following laws of Immigration
1.  Overstay on your SVP for 1.5 years
2.  Not having a valid passport
3.  Not having a valid visa to remain in Malaysia
4.  You did not use the  Amnesty  to go back by 30/08/2018

Go to your Embassy to seek help and for latest info on how to surrender  to immigration in the correct manner.
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:40
edited Oct 16, 2018 at 02:07
I have transferred a Query from another thread for clearer explanantions.

Ref #

asked on Sep 24, 2018 at 22:56
by   biggy

I am a foreign student from Nigeria. I studied in a college in Kuala Lumpur. My student visa expired since February 6th and I was supposed to go back to my country but I couldn't make it at that time due to lack of funds plus health issues owing to a kidney stone operation I did in late 2017. During the Amnesty Program as well, I couldn't make it because I failed to raise the funds to buy ticket to fly back home.

Now I have been overstaying 7 months plus but I have been able to raise some funds from family back home and I want to go back home. I went to my Embassy and they couldn't help me because they told me that the Malaysia Immigration has stopped giving pass to people who have overstayed and they are out to arrest illegal immigrants. I don't know what to do because I want to go back home but I am scared to go to the immigration office. I am willing to pay the fine for overstay but I don't want to be arrested/detained. Will I be arrested if I go to the Immigration office? Thanks for your anticipated help.

0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:43
@ biggy

Wah... u so "big" with "anticipated help". There are no obligations.. for breaking  The Law of the Land..!!
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 13:12
"biggy" case..

but i couldnt make it at that time due to lack of funds
the amnesty programe as well, i couldnt make it because i couldnt raise the funds to buy ticket and fly back home
99.9% of all those who have overstay gave the similar reasons for the overstay. This overstay is more than 7 months. IMI will not accept these type of excuses.

I went to my embassy and they couldnt help me because they told me that the malaysia immigration has stopped giving pass to people with over stay and they are out for arrest any defaulters
If your very own Embassy cannot help you who else can help you?. GOD??

malaysia immigration has stopped giving pass to people with over stay
Not accurate, if they do not issue, then how are those overstaying inside Malaysia going to leave? Parents, spouse who have health issues and need the defaulter to go back urgently?
Then have to remain as illegals for the rest of their natural life until caught in IMI Raids?

There should be a reason why your Embassy do not want to help your case.

Post a clear snapshot of your  Student Pass  here for clarity of your issue. I want to see Pass number and your age and the college you are attending stated in your student pass and your EMGS approved VDR number and date.
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 17:11
edited Oct 17, 2018 at 05:17

Your case should be a simple one and I know for sure that Naija (Nigeria) Embassy can help you with ETC. Make sure you book an appointment with them at their embassy and print it out to go to the embassy so they can allow you in and also help you. With your case I know for sure Nigeria Embassy gonna help you out. You only have just 7 months overstay which you can clear and exit the country. Nigeria Embassy in Ampang should be able to help you. God bless you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 18:48
"biggy"  has already gone to his/her embassy to seek help.

One of the hidden issues is  NOT  the overstay.  Read IMI Laws with understanding, then only one can help oneself to get off the hook.

Things are clear-cut when the actual things are located inside the passport. That is why I have always ask to show the pics inside it.

I know many have used the surrender last year and  WAS  back inside their country. But they are inside Malaysia now. They have gone back and applied for a new passport, then go into Thailand and exit, then came into Malaysia as  undocumented migrant  by the jungle human trafficking routes. Clever or stupid?

If one is really in trouble and need proper advise. why the reluctance to post out pics inside their passport as proof?

Why is that illegals who uses the ETC to go to IMI has been detained and held at detention camps for further investigation because there were same names who were deported from Malaysia before.

ETC is just a simple  NON_LEGAL  document, but why is that for the above case, the Embassy is not helping for such a "simple case"?
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 27, 2018 at 09:50
edited Sep 27, 2018 at 11:51
by   jeff005

@ Aghata 

@ Kinn 

General Notice for current overstaying and for illegals

Malaysia wants to work with Bangladesh to repatriate illegal immigrants says Kula
Wednesday, 26 Sep 2018

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia wants to work with Bangladesh to resolve the issue of the large number of illegal immigrants here and find ways to repatriate them to their home country, says M. Kula Segaran.  The Human Resources Minister expressed this to Bangladesh's Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment Minister Nurul Islam during a meeting on Tuesday (Sep 25).

"I mentioned to him that Malaysia needs to resolve the large number of undocumented Bangladeshi workers in the country as well as workers that have overstayed," said Kula Segaran in a statement on Wednesday (Sept 26).

He added that the ministry was looking at creating a single system application for foreign workers, to combat concerns over the increasing recruitment fees and unscrupulous recruitment practices.

The government also has plans to take over the management of insurance schemes for migrant workers.

He said the Bangladeshi delegation highlighted the strengthening of labour relations between both countries especially with the new government in Malaysia; resolving the issue of Bangladeshis who seek illegal employment or who overstay, and to follow Malaysia's footsteps in many areas of development.

My Personal  Comments and Opinions..

1. Cooperate with Malaysian authorities to agree on "ILLEGALS Immediate Repatriation".
2. Time frame is 3 months to end 31/12/2018.
3. Inform all your Bangladeshi ILLEGALS to report to your Embassy.
4. Embassy provide free air ticket to the ILLEGALS bcuz your ILLEGALS will say "NO MONEY"!
5. Embassy pays RM300 penalty + RM100 Special Pass to Malaysian IMM.Dept.
6. Embassy-IMM.Dept direct dealing.
7. ILLEGALS blacklist and ban 5 years as punishment.

My 6thElement tots...

Cheers... !!!
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 27, 2018 at 10:50
Only for Bangladeshi? How about Indonesian?
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 27, 2018 at 11:09
edited Sep 27, 2018 at 11:36
by   jeff005

The Bangladeshi  Overseas Employment Minister Nurul Islam  have not given a positive response yet. Why not get  Jokowi  to come in to have talks again? His last official trip resulted in the First Amnesty Program in Malaysia. Then you all can go back to vote for Jokowi and Ahok to be in the correct position. I am a great supporter of these ppl. Only Ahok can bring back the glory and beauty of Jakarta of yesteryears. Looked at the floods and rubbishes at the rivers now..!!
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 27, 2018 at 11:42
edited Sep 27, 2018 at 11:43
by   jeff005
Latest News update

The Government of  the Great Kingdom of  NEPAL  have send their Ministers here for  Discussions...!!

Let's  ALL  welcum their delegation..!!  Cheers..!!
1 found this helpful

« Previous   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   Next »  Last »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.