What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

35504 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
5 had this question
Me Too
5 favorites
[ share ]
1141 Answers
« Previous   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   Next »  Last »

answered on Aug 11, 2018 at 19:04
edited Aug 11, 2018 at 21:37
by   jeff005
@ Dave

1. I have been overstay for more than 2 years (Iranian passport). Can I use 3+1 program? 
Yes you can and have to.

2. I have USA permanent residency (US green card). Can my exit ticket from Malaysia be to US or Canada or should be to my country of origin? 
By the current policies you have to go back to source country. If you have committed some minor crimes there and is targeted for the any potential jail term, you can make an appeal to be deported to some other countries that accepts you.

But first you must get the necessary pre-approved visa for the entry to the US or Canada. Take note that the US have turned back many Greenies Card Holders last Year. 

Check your own Risks...

Best is to go back to your source country.
1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 13, 2018 at 15:09
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:32
With no response from the poster, I shall transfer it here for me to monitor it.
Ref :

asked on Aug 9, 2018 at 17:08
by   gpsingh

I have a relative, a young boy, who went to Malaysia on a tourist visa for 1 month. The person or agent who took him, took away his passport as soon as he landed there. He is not returning his passport and now he has overstayed there for almost 7 months. The young boy wants to return to India. He is living in terrible conditions there and is made to work in some salons. Please advise how we can get him out from there legally without getting him banned if possible.

Will appreciate an early reply.

@ gpsingh

Simple Solution

1. Go to your Embassy to get travel pass with the notification there stating that a faked agent is holding your passport.

2. The go to Malaysia Immigration direct and use the (3+1) surrender.

3. The Immigration will give you a special pass valid for 14 days. With this pass you are then a legal here for 14 days. Use the 14 days to lodge a police report with solid evidence against this faked agent for cheating your moneys and holding your passport illegally (if still can locate him).

4. With the cheating report, you may even be able to recover some of your moneys paid to him.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 10:36
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:34
I surrendered and got blacklisted for 5 years! Can I make a new passport and get Expat Permit to come to Malaysia again and stay in the country till 5 years. Someone told me I can pay someone at the airport and enable me to come in with blacklist and stay lowkey in the country with Expat Permit.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 15:01
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:38
Hi Gill,

Thank you for posting here. Can you tell me please how did it go for you during your next trip? I have just got same stamp and also planning to come back soon.

Thank you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 15:50
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:40
If people think our Immigration is being run by Dumbo's then it is those have cheated the Malaysia Immigration before, and try a double hat-trick, they deserved max whipping.

Malaysia welcome legal migrant workers.
Cheaters, lawbreakers, please stay away..!!!
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 18:47
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:47
Jeff! Nobody is cheating anybody! People got blacklisted not by choice so you know and a country that you lived for years must already be part of you. We all trying to correct our childish mistakes. Nobody got blacklisted by choice and people are willing to come back and do the right things. Nobody cheated anything. It’s all about Q&A. Still saying I was told that it’s possible to come again to the country with the blacklist and stay legit and must remain in the country till the years of your blacklist before going out of Malaysia!
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 18:53
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:48

I think you should get a new passport. Then find your way into the county and I hope you know how I mean. Must have a valid visa. Maybe work or student visa this time around. Don’t go outside the country till your blacklisted years run out. I believe we all have second chance in life to do things right.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 23:33
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:57
Thank you Giraya and OBO4Life!

I got my ticket inbound to Malaysia on 24 July and had my outbound ticket on 23 August, but I did not realise that this month has 31 days and officer who was checking my exit ticket on arrival did not say anything against the date. I have got a Sipadan diving permit paid for in September and the reason I ask is that I don't want any trouble and would rather throw away money paid for diving than get to jail. 

I am not blacklisted as far as I understand, I just have this "Format B" remark on my normal exit stump, but I don't know what that mean and what consequences it will have for me.

Thank you!
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 23, 2018 at 23:55
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:58
Jeff I think you should stop making it sounds like Malaysia is one kind of Holy paradise! You know for sure that there’s a lot of backdoors activities. 

People do come back to Malaysia cos they feel like Malaysia is their second home.

Staying in the country illegal is different and doing dirty deal are two different things.

I know for sure some people do come to the country illegally and work their way to become legal and have a job doing. Or rather get EP or student visa or working visa whatever! This should be all about general ways of encouraging people cos you can’t tell me that there’s would be no illegals after August 30th.

Some people have left Malaysia and now regretting it and blacklisted at the same time and they can’t wait for 5 years that was the reason why I made my previous suggestion. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 24, 2018 at 00:28
edited Aug 24, 2018 at 05:59
@ Giraja
@ OBO4Life

Since you have directed your replies to me, I shall reply you in 24 hours time. I am not in my elements now.

Perhaps why don't you share out your side of your story as to why you all came into Malaysia as Legals but turned Illegals?
0 found this helpful

« Previous   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.