What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

42491 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
6 had this question
Me Too
6 favorites
[ share ]
1186 Answers
« Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next »  Last »

answered on Feb 5, 2017 at 03:47
edited Feb 13, 2017 at 07:31

What is dependant visa/pass? Where to apply that?
This one is applied at the Immigration when already inside Malaysia under LTSVP.
Yours is actually a "Dependant Visa/Pass". Your husband is the "sponsor" and you "depend" on him for living expenses. It is issued mainly for spouses and their non Malaysian citizenship children born overseas. Parents of those migrants who have PR can also apply. That is why our Malaysian PR is so "laku", because a migrant can bring their parents over to Malaysia after getting PR. Many countries (esp the 7 countries ban by the USA can be doing it right now). In the future, more rigid rules will be applied like in Singapore, then it would be harder to get PR.

Your marriage registration have been properly done at both the Embassies. So it is not so serious matter. Only your daughter is affected because of no marriage cert. You cannot put the whole blame on Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) and Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (JIM) officers. Some do not have the experience and can give different advice for same question.

Like @kahesh case, the two embassy officers give different answers to the 6 months validity period. That is NOT a international travel law. This criteria only applies if the country you are travelling to requires a pre-applied VISA. Those countries that allows Free Visa for your passport need not follow. Most "Free Visa" will allow only "30 days Free Social Visit Pass" and there is no extension of this PASS. Now you understand why I ask you to apply for LTSVP (3 months). Just pay a nominal fee. For LTSVP, you can apply for extension, need not exit the country, just pay a little bit.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 5, 2017 at 04:00
edited Feb 13, 2017 at 07:33

And let's say they give 3 months social visit pass to stay in Malaysia then only we can go to immigration to apply for extension of LTSVP? 

No last minute, at least 5 weeks before expiry date. Best check with Immigration in Malaysia for more accurate lead time. Use the term LTSVP, not ltsvp. Use the term correctly, not 3 months social visit pass. All ASEAN country issue social visit pass. The LT, Long Term is important, or else new immigration officers will give wrongs answers again.

It is the public that do not understand the procedures, which causes more immigration issues. Wrong application. That is why you should not have applied for citizenship first. I do not understand why the officer allowed you to submit such application. It will be rejected. Or they may approve it after 10 years later following standard guidelines. Your daughter is non-citizen, have to apply for PR first.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 5, 2017 at 05:50
edited Feb 13, 2017 at 07:34

Once I already apply the extension of LTSVP in Malaysia Immigration, is that I can apply for my daughter MyPR card at the same time? Or do I need to wait for another 5 years then only I could apply PR for her?

I'm curious about her studies? Is that I can use the LTSVP for government school here in Malaysia? While waiting to apply for her PR?

Thank you very much. May you be bless more by helping us..
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 5, 2017 at 22:03
edited Feb 13, 2017 at 07:37
Read this one..

I just found it. See if applies to your daughter's case..

Reason For Application
Application for re-registration of birth of a legitimated person is made when an illegitimate non-Muslim child is made legitimate by the High Court.

Application Conditions
Application for re-registration of a legitimated person may be submitted by the following person: Parent

Application Procedure
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter with the required documents.

Required Documents
Birth registration form JPN.LM01;
Birth Certificate (original and copy);
Identity card (if any) (original and copy);
Parents’ marriage certificate (original and copy);
Court order that the child has been legitimated (original and copy)

Identity card (original and copy)

Application fee:No charge for application made within 3 months of the parents’ wedding. A fee of RM10.00 applies after 3 months.

Application Form For Re-Registration Of Legitimated Person (Section 17)
JPN.LM01-Registration of Birth

Note: The online froms are to be used reference only. The may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 5, 2017 at 22:08
edited Feb 13, 2017 at 07:43
Is that I can use the LTSVP for government school here in Malaysia? 
To register her for school you can use birth certificate and passport. Only have to pay higher school fees as foreigner. But to sit for SPM you may need MyPR. You have 12 years lead time now. Think positive, by then maybe gotten MyKad.

My suggestion is get her legal status now. Come back and apply for Seksyen 17 above.

By the way.. the LTSVP (3 months), is for adults. Check properly, since she is born in Malaysia maybe can get longer periods. 5 years? And remember hard Multiple Entry LTSVP..!!
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 00:07
edited Feb 16, 2017 at 00:10
by   roman
I have just simple question to you,my friend overstay in Malaysia 2 year,passport is banned for 5year,  but he come already his own country,
question is, he can go others country same passport? just help me out for my best friend. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 00:18
Yes.. he can go any other country. Apply for correct Visa and or Pass where required.

Never report loss of passport to get new one.

LOSS of passport nowadays is reported to INTERPOL

Interpol can ban anyone without giving reasons. There is no redress or explanation given.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 06:25
edited Feb 16, 2017 at 06:28
by   afangie
what if I owe hospital rm2000 and ive overstayed,can they ban me from leaving.. I was charged 7000 and I paid 5000 but I want to surrender myself on friday
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 14:04
edited Feb 16, 2017 at 14:11
by   jeff005
but I want to surrender myself on friday
Why surrender when you have not settle the issues of your son.. legally speaking daughter..!!
???????.. what happens to the child when you leave Malaysia? Father take care?
Unless you declare more personal info, nobody can help, you will get more other serious issues other than the hospital RM2,000
Who reported the birth of the child? and when?
Is the father's name on the BC? Local or foreign? Muslim or non-Muslim?
Africa is a very big continent, which country are you from? Immigration treatment varies for different African countries.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 16, 2017 at 14:23
edited Feb 16, 2017 at 14:56
by   afangie
I'm married, so the birth certificate has me and father's name on it, I want to surrender on friday and go to jpn the same day, I'm going with him to my home country in Zambia. The child is not muslim, he's christian. jpn says I need valied visa to change birth certificate but I don't have it. I didn't know they made a mistake because everything is in malay, I only found out recently. The child is 9 months now, how long can it take to correct it? My passport has three more years in it so its not expired, like you said on the other thread about reporting passport, I'm only saying what I've seen
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next »  Last »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.