What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

27129 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
by   jeff005
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
1 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
940 Answers
« Previous   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   Next »  Last »

answered on Feb 23, 2018 at 18:18
by   jeff005
Go get advice from EMGS next week.
My personal view is that only EMGS can help you.
1 found this helpful

answered on Feb 24, 2018 at 13:11
by   Coke636
edited Mar 26, 2018 at 17:53
This is my situation:

I am from China. I was studying at a university in Malaysia but for some reason, I cannot continue with the course that semester. Next semester I can continue but my student visa has expired. My current visa has expired for 6 months. What should I do? Can I continue with my studies if I go to the Immigration and tell them that I overstayed?

I really want to continue my study, because I only have one and half year then I graduate.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 24, 2018 at 14:05
by   jeff005
@ Coke636

1.  State your age, sex, from which province and the course you have signed up.

2.  Post a clear copy of the Student Pass here for verifications.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 28, 2018 at 21:29
by   iftikhar
edited Mar 26, 2018 at 17:54
I was blacklisted in February 2015. My blacklisted period was 3 year. So yesterday my blacklist is over. So now can I apply for a tourist visa or I am still blacklisted. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 28, 2018 at 21:40
by   jeff005
@ iftikhar

1.  How old are you? From which country?
2.  For what reasons you were blacklisted?
3.  There is no Tour Visa, but different types of visas for specific purposes.
4.  Your blacklist is over, if your reasons for this visit is unclear, the immigration can still stamp a  NTL  on your passport and turn you back.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 1, 2018 at 09:15
by   jeff005
edited Mar 26, 2018 at 17:58
Below is a posting on my FB , a request for clarifications.
My answer is also beneficial to those who were caught in this same dilemma.


Farhan Hussain

Former Sales Executive/ Accounts Officer at RasGas, Doha Qatar
Lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi sir,

How are you?

I saw your many comments I really appreciate your work and your legal solutions for the peoples.

I want to know something sir.

Would you please tell me, one of my friend he was working with some company for last 3 years and now his company closed and said to them they will open again then they will call him.

But he is waiting for last 6 months and he also paid MyEG fee for his visa renewal he paid to some agent but he checked with someone he said MyEG is fake there is no record so it's mean he is living illegal for last 6 months ..

Would you please tell me any solution for him

He also want to take admission in university, he can pay change his visa to student visa?
1 found this helpful

answered on Mar 1, 2018 at 10:07
by   jeff005
edited Mar 1, 2018 at 10:16
by   jeff005
@ Farhan Hussain 

MyEG is a real online application company. I do not exactly know their procedures as i was told you have to pay up front RM1,800++ application and documentary fees. They would then issue you a Registration number. Do take note MyEG do not issue work permit. They are "Agent" and send the application to Immigration. That Registration Number from MyEg is useless for the purpose of Immigration Raids. There were so many complaints on Public Media (including in this forum) that those people who had shown proof of application with MyEG , these people were arrested, paid fines, jailed, deported and BAN for 5 years on re-entry.

The underlying issues is that people do not understand how to make online applications, same as now the "Hire Maids Direct Program". In most cases, the docs supplied to MyEG were fakes, work permit, extension pass supplied to the applicant by faked agents in the past. Hence, when the application reaches IMI, IMI will not process it (there were no records of this applicant at all) There is no updating from IMI to MyEG and MyEG to the applicant. There are also instances whereby the names of the "Employer" is also faked and cannot be traced (how to update), And most of the time they (employers) cannot hire foreign workers as their nature of their business does not allow them to do so. In short, wrong applications in the types of "Services Allowed".

Immigration Laws were broken when a foreigner first step on Malaysia.
Please take note of some of the issues below.
1.  Application for a job, same as Student Pass have to be done from the source country. Only with notices from the IMI, only Malaysian Embassy with issue a "Visa For Reference" to come into Malaysia to complete the documentations (usually with 30 days).

2.  One cannot change from one type of pass/permit to another another. The applicant have to leave Msia, to go back to source country to make fresh application.

Your friend's case. Ask him to check carefully, there might be a proper application. Get receipts from that agent and he goes personally to MyEG to check what is the real issue. Do not use agents ever again. There is no conversion from work permit to student and vice versa. Have to go back to own country first (Legally).
1 found this helpful

answered on Mar 3, 2018 at 01:21
by   Vivian
Hi. Iam from Philippines and iam overstayed for 10months (tourist visa) and my passport will expired on March 05 2018. What is the best thing to do? Thank you so much. 
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:41
by   jeff005
@ Vivian
Go Monday to your Embassy to seek help. Do not renew your passport yet. Your embassy will know how to send you back.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 7, 2018 at 10:03
by   dustain
edited Mar 26, 2018 at 17:45
I was been caught in Malaysia for overstaying and jailed for 5 months. Is it possible to enter back into Malaysia? 
0 found this helpful

« Previous   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.