What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

26450 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Year Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
by   jeff005
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
1 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
916 Answers
« Previous   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   Next »  Last »

answered on Jan 18, 2018 at 07:11
by   Afreen Sultana
@ JEFF005

I entered Malaysia with Student Pass in 2016 and it expired in 2017. Then I applied for special pass and got 3 passes.

What to do now?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 18, 2018 at 19:10
by   jeff005
3 Special passes?
Post it here for better understanding (all three).

What to do now?
You came via EMGS.. refer to them
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 18, 2018 at 19:39
by   Thomas
I heard that 3+1 is still valid in 2018.
If anyone has any experience with immigration in 2018 please share here.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 20, 2018 at 11:17
by   jeff005
edited Jan 20, 2018 at 11:19
by   jeff005
63 illegals jailed
 January 20, 2018, Saturday

KOTA KINABALU: A total of 63 foreigners were jailed five months for entering the state illegally.
Sessions Court judge Elsie Primus imposed the sentence on the 33 men and 30 women after they pleaded guilty to each of their charges framed under Section 6 (1)(c)of the Immigration Act 1959/63.

The indictment carries a maximum fine of RM10,000 or a jail term of up to five years and whippings of not more than six strokes, upon conviction.

The foreigners were arrested during separate operations in Kudat, Ranau, Sipitang, Tenom, Keningau and here between November 6, 2017 and January 3.

Some of the foreigners were from the Philippines while some from Indonesia.
The court also ordered for the men to be whipped once while the women were spared and all to serve their custodial sentence with effect from their date of arrest.

All the foreigners were ordered to be referred to the Immigration Department for their biometrics data to be recorded before being deported back to their respective countries.
Source :
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 20, 2018 at 17:37
by   Tunamarket

3+1 program extended as per written in this article
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 20, 2018 at 20:05
by   jeff005
3+1 program extended as per written in this article 
You have mentioned above, it is an article.
In Malaysia, an Announcement direct Immigration Dept is legal. Articles are not.

I am not in Malaysia now. As far as I am concerned, there is no official announcement in our Malaysia Local Public Media.

This is a Legal Website. I do not trust other articles.
Thanks anyway for your input. You are trying to help keep info flowing. Tqvm.

In any case, my advise is always...

Go Seek Help from your country's Embassy first.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 21, 2018 at 09:48
by   jeff005
edited Jan 21, 2018 at 10:00
by   jeff005
posted on Jan 20, 2018 at 17:54
by   Ruwee

Hi. I want to ask and hopefully can get a valid answer. I'm just concern with a lady I met this morning. She's from Philippines and working in Singapore for 6 years. As per her she came to Malaysia as soon her contract ended in Singapore which I'm not sure when it was. She's currently staying in Malaysia for like 6 months not pretty sure, she stayed in different places as per her statement. Scared to be caught by immigration. Now she has IPA I'm not sure what is that mean. But she said it is a contract coming from Singapore where in she manage to find an employer again. But she's scared because she said once she goes to immigration she might be caught. Where in I can't answer as well. What could be the possible fine she might facing just in case.? Is she going to detain? Is she possible to let go by Malaysia immigration? 
I'm just curious as well so I seek help from this site. Thank you.

Valid answer?
What sort of valid answer you are looking for?
To anyone posting replies over here, their answers is always valid..!!

IPA  is a permission letter from immigration Spore to enter Spore for 30 days to complete the application of the Employment Permit. She should already have an official approval, just go over and complete the process. In Malaysia it is termed as  " Visa For Reference "  

6 months overstayed or more
once she goes to immigration she might be caught.
True, she will be detained, fines, jailed for 5 months, and BAN.
Once if jailed and Ban in Malaysia, her IPA becomes useless. Note that there is also an expiry date of an IPA (like Visa).

Only Solution
Go seek help from her country embassy. They know what to do with her.

Well.. you can pay for her fines and air ticket from Malaysia to her country and she pays you back when she starts work in Spore. The  IPA  conditions is she must travel from her country into Spore and any deportation from Malaysia must be back to her country of origin.

Well.. it can be a scam too... hahaha (valid and legal comment)
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 22, 2018 at 10:53
by   Jackson
Dear Sir,

Like to ask that is the outpass for overstayed people still available, and please if you can provide me complete details.

Thanks and Regards
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 22, 2018 at 11:47
by   jeff005
@ Jackson

Please give more details like country of origin, period of overstay, M or F, why overstay?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 22, 2018 at 14:48
by   jeff005

The Grand Hunt is  ON...

Source  :-
0 found this helpful

« Previous   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.