What to do if you overstayed in Malaysia

39907 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Jan 3, 2017 at 14:45
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51
Attention to those who have Overstay in Malaysia

Surrender to Immigration is the ONLY Solution:

1. Bring the passport that you have used to come into Malaysia.

2. For those who have "lost" their passport, go get new Temporary Passport from your Embassy in Malaysia.

3. For "lost" passports and unable to proof with documents the actual date of entry into Malaysia, be prepared for higher fines and longer ban period of re-entry.
6 had this question
Me Too
6 favorites
[ share ]
1177 Answers
« Previous   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   Next »  Last »

answered on Nov 27, 2017 at 23:19
edited Nov 27, 2017 at 23:22
by   jeff005
The potential worker can fly in for interview but must leave within 30 days.
Meanwhile the employer makes an application to IMM. After getting approval, the worker must fly in from country of origin to complete the process of documentations. Failure to do so, the permit will be rejected, wasting time and moneys spend. Be forewarned.

AND the validity period of the worker's passport must exceed 1 year, 3 months on the safe side.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 29, 2017 at 16:47
Hallo Jeff

I have a question my girlfriend went to Malaysia to take care of some of late husbands business she got her wallet stolen.
I wired her Money for hotel, then they wanted a certificate to show that the money from her late husband was not obtained illegally, or terrorist funds.
I paid that, she went to leave and she had overstayed we paid that and then she needed a clearance certificate for the money.
And the they would not let her leave until she had paid it all.
I'm broke now and she can't get to her money, and now she has overstayed again because they would not let her leave until she had paid for the certificates.
I don't know how long she has overstayed, but this isn't fair it was supposed to take 10 days and  that was in July.
I just want her home.

What can we expect ?
And how do we pay when we have no money, until she gets home ?
She does not care about a ban, she just wants to get home they are keeping her not the other way around.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 29, 2017 at 17:58
edited Nov 29, 2017 at 18:05
by   jeff005
Sorry I could not offer any solutions as it is beyond my scope of knowledge.

You gf late husband deceased estate is being held by the Anti Money Laundering Act possibly. Not easy to claim innocence. Dead man tells no tales.

She has overstayed "twice". Only choice is to use the 3+1 Surrender which is expiring 31/12/2017. There is a BAN of 5 years to enter Malaysia. It cost only RM400.  Come back again after 5 years to claim the proceeds of the deceased estate with better proof.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 29, 2017 at 19:55
edited Nov 29, 2017 at 20:01
by   Raj S
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 29, 2017 at 19:58
Mr jeff005
          Above the post of picture is true or fake.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 29, 2017 at 20:42
No comments.
Any one can post anything on any forums. Some for fun, sometimes as a Troll.

My postings is based on feedbacks from those involved with overstayed issues based on current IMM operational rules and procedures.

I would even disregard postings of over 1 year ago. Rules changes. We have ASEANAPOL now. Do we have 5 years ago? 10 fingers biometrics? Facial Recognition?
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 30, 2017 at 08:30
Hi Jeff 

Thanks for your help, does the 3+1 go for any immigrant or only those who work there?
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 3, 2017 at 22:10
edited Dec 3, 2017 at 22:30
by   mehrdadym
Dear Jeff, 

First of all I want to thank you for being helpful to foreigners, its actually a very rare thing in Malaysia over the past 8 years that I have been living in here. 
And my question from you, 
I have met a girl, who has entered to Malaysia in March 2015. She was cheated by an agent who run away with her passport and money and ended up with no visa for her. 
She is from Kazakhstan, due to some financial difficulties she had to work in here to save some money and it was about January 2017 that she went to embassy and applied for an outpass in Kazakhstan embassy in KL, but then again due to financial issues she couldnt exit the country. 
Now I am planning to help her to exit Malaysia since her mom is sick and she really needs to go back. 
So my question is that once she apply for outpass in her embassy again and she goes to Immigration , is there any chance of getting arrested there because she is overstayed for almost about 3 years without passport?
And if not,do you have any idea of how much will be the fine for this period of being overstayed?.
P.s : She has police report for lost passport which was issued the first time she applied for outpass in her embassy. (Around December 2016)
Thank You 

Best Regards 

0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 4, 2017 at 18:21
edited Dec 4, 2017 at 18:22
by   jeff005
@ hmehrdady

Thank you for your kind compliments.

1.  Go to her embassy and get a new exit out pass.
2.  Bring the old police report to get it.
3.  Go surrender to IMI Malaysia.
4.  To collect the Exit pass she must show the air ticket back to her country. Do not buy yet.
5.  Be care of high prices for the month of Dec. Very steep. Can be 2-3 x normal rates. Budget carefully if have  limit funds.

There is no arrest as she surrender or any form of intimidation. Just routine questions as there is an old police report to back up. Just say no money to go back as family have financial issues. Living on charity of fellow countrymen. Do not say she has been working to get moneys. And family has just send funds. There are no further issues.

The fine is just rm300 and rm100 for the  Exit Pass  for airport IMI.
There is a bonus free ticket for BAN to re-enter for 5 years.

Please take serious  NOTE  that this  3+1 Voluntary Surrender  is expiring on  31/12/2017.

Kazakhstan  is not on the watch list for illegal immigrants. Hakuna Matata. She would be fine. Bon Voyage.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 6, 2017 at 15:19
Dear @jeff005

Just to let you know, about a few minutes ago I spoke to this guy from EMGS ( customer service, i enquired about a friend's expired student visa and overstayed for 13 months. And guess what he told me? It is okay if the student is overstay if he wants to continue to study again. All he has to do is, make a new course application with the university/college, then submit the letter of offer from the university/college to the immigration to get a clearance and then he can start applying his visa with EMGS. 

I was surprised cos if it is this case, then so many people will do an overstay and all they need to do is to apply a course, get accepted and get away with these overstay issue. I'm confused either to be happy for my friend or to be disappointed with our immigration system if this really happened. 

This guy from EMGS called Zaim told me. Oh well!
0 found this helpful

« Previous   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   Next »  Last »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.