Overstayed 1 day in Malaysia previously. Can I visit Malaysia again? Will the immigration officer let me enter?

2970 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Nov 21, 2016 at 12:45
edited on Nov 17, 2017 at 08:30
Last April 16, 2016 I went to Malaysia and was given a 30 day social visit. I did not notice my return ticket was dated May 17, 2016. When I went home at KLIA2, the immigration officer told me that I overstayed 1 day and she said to me, "I will forgive you by now but for next time I will let you go to the immigration to file for an extension."

What bothers me most now that I will be coming back to Malaysia this Wednesday November 23, 2016. Will the immigration officer let me enter Malaysia? I'm so scared, need your help.
2 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
15 Answers
« Previous   1   2   Next »

answered on Oct 29, 2017 at 18:15
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 09:33
Thank you so much Mr. Jeff for this discussion. 
All your analysis, personal views and suggestions are very helpful for me. 

It is true that I visited Malaysia quite often in 2016 for some reasons. And I have several things that I cannot explain here in the forum. I really want to share the whole case but maybe via email, due to privacy.

Thanks so much for your kindness. May God bless you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 14:40
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 10:02
@ Happy

He took my finger print and face photo several times there. 
 "Please don't come again"
Apparently you have already been given a "NTL"  for the next trip (my suspicions). Although your cross border was to renew the 30 days Free Tourist Visit Pass, it trigger off something in the Immigration. One can use this this tactic once or twice, but for the third time you are targeted.

No serious issues except for some inconveniences. Just prepare for it only.

My suggestions:
1.  Go into Singapore with return ticket (to show you are visiting both countries)
2.  Go thru Causeway Immigration.
3.  Have all the preparatory docs and funds on hand with you
4.  Reason for visit (visit ex college mates in both Singapore and Malaysia) preferably with emails invitations.

You  ONLY  have to do this once. This would clear the potential blacklist of  the NTL  forever. Or once you change to a new passport, it would also clear it.

For your info.. on a Tourist Social Visit Pass, you are allowed to look for job opportunities, but remember to exit within the 30 days period. There is no extension.  And if you do find a Job, you must exit Malaysia to do the initial documentations from home country thru the Malaysian Embassy there. After obtaining the "Visa for Reference"  (maybe new name now) then only fly into Malaysia direct from Indonesia. You only need to supply photostat copies of your passports and credentials to the Employer here for them to do their part. Whether for Singapore or Malaysia, you need at least 18 months of passport validity date on your passport on the safe side (for working permit applications only - for social visit at least 6 months)

Never max your number of days anywhere if you plan to come frequently.

Good Luck Dear
Hakuna Matata
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 14:47
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 10:03
@ Happy

Notes for you:


Short Term Social Visit Pass 
1. The Short term social visit pass is given to foreign visitors upon arrival for the following purposes: 
Social visit 
Visiting relatives 
Journalism / Reporting 
Meeting / Conference 
Business Discussion 
Factory Inspection 
Auditing Company Accounts 
Signing Agreement 
Carrying out a survey on investment opportunities/setting up factory 
Attending Seminars 
Students on goodwill missions or taking examinations at a university 
Taking part in sports competitions 
Other activities approved by the Director General of Immigration. 

2. Extension of Social Visit Pass 
An Extension may be given on Special consideration e.g. due to illness, accident, war in home country etc. The visitor must furnish evidence, and also present a confirmed return ticket to their home country or third country. 

Long Term Social Visit Pass  ( LTSVP ) 
The Long Term Social Visit pass may be issued to a foreigner for a temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extensions of the period of stay can be given based on the eligibility and fulfilment of certain  conditions. 

Foreign husbands/wives to Malaysians can be given the Social Visit  Pass for a period of 5 years on condition that they comply with all the requirements. 

They are also allowed to engage in any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation without converting the Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass or Visitor’s Pass (Temporary employment). 
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 18:00
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 10:05
@ Happy

Sorry.. I missed out something. Your Convocation is good enough invitation. Just make sure you have return tickets.

Still safer travel via Singapore. If turn back make an appeal immediately there with the Immigration Senior Officers, with proof that you have no intention to stay back in Singapore or Malaysia.

Better still get an employment letter from a company from your city. I can type you one but you provide the letter head.. hehehee... Got it??
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 31, 2017 at 17:51
edited Nov 17, 2017 at 10:05
Thanks so much Mr. Jeff, I will take a note your whole notice and suggestion. 

May God bless you!
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   Next »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.