Disagreement on title deed

366 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Sep 26, 2016 at 19:58
My father passed away intestate 1 year ago. All of his assets are being divided equally between me, my brother, my mother and my grandfather. My grandfather is not in good terms with us and has been living with his siblings ever since my father's passing. The problem now is on deciding on who to keep the house title deed. All 3 of us have 75% combined ownership on the property and we would like to keep the title deed but my grandpa also wants to keep the title deed. The title is still with Amanah Raya and they will call us soon to decide this matter. Any advice ?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Sep 27, 2016 at 17:26
Mr Joshua,
I would suggest that a letter of administration is used. He would be the administer only to hold on to the title deed only. Then all the named person in the title enter a caveat on the property.

The Law Chambers Of Fazaly Ali
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 28, 2016 at 01:47
Hai Alie, how do I do that ? Sorry I dont have prior experience in this
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.