about staying foreign in malaysia and having a baby soon

303 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Jul 5, 2016 at 17:26
by filipina..i just want to ask about about my staying here in malaysia with my local boyfriend.. How if i gt pregnant here in malaysia but we not yt about the baby citizenship? can i register the baby as a malaysian? and follow to father citizen? or do i need to bring my baby back to philippines? Is he also become a malaysian even im filipina and the father is malaysian but we not yet married after deliver? 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jul 5, 2016 at 18:34
@ stefaniekim

You must be married to your Malaysian bf in order for your child to get citizenship.
A child follows the citizenship of the mother if lacking a legal marriage certificate.
Upon pregnant, go back to your country to give birth.
Marry your bf in your country of origin.
Register your marriage with the Malaysian Embassy in your country.
After the child is born, register the birth with the Embassy.

The best option is to marry your bf here in Malaysia before the child is born.
Make sure your visa is up todate and is valid during the registration of the marriage.
It may take up to 2 months for foreign spouse marriages.
With the marriage cert, your child is sure Malaysian Citizen.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.