How to request to transfer an Originating Summons from Magistrate Court to Housing Tribunal?

334 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Apr 28, 2016 at 18:58
edited on May 16, 2016 at 06:24
The Developer of my property unit failed to rectify the defects in time. I have served the notices according to the Sale and Purchase Agreement Clause 29. However, the stakeholder solicitor refused to release the sum to me and misled me with false information. I made a complaint to the Bar Council. The case is still pending.

I have just received a Magistrate Court Originating Summons (interpleader relief) filed by Stakeholder Solicitor to ask for Court's decision on whether to release the Stakeholder Sum to me or to Developer. Since the sum is less than RM30,000, may I know whether and how I could transfer this case to the Housing Tribunal?

Thank you.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on May 3, 2016 at 19:49
A simpler way could be for you to summon both the Solicitor and the Developer at the Housing Tribunal and then just ask the Magistrate Court to suspend the proceedings there pending the decision of the Housing Tribunal. 

Do it quickly.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.