Want to resign with 24-hour notice but company insisted I work 30 days or pay salary in lieu of notice. Can I just go absent?

527 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Apr 28, 2016 at 04:08
edited on May 16, 2016 at 09:09
I have a friend who worked with one of a MNC retail company.

He signed an agreement which states that should he wants to resign he is required to provide a month notice or pay equal to his salary in Cash in lieu. Further, termination will be done should he absent for 2 days consecutively. 

The dilemma is as he had worked for 2 or 3 days with the company, he found that he feel that he doesn't suit with the line of work. Therefore he went absent for more than a few days afterward.

However, due to his personality and ethic, he had contacted the management informing that he would like to resign within 24-hours notice.

Currently, he really hates the job, and he can't stand working there but the company keeps insisting for him to work 30 days or pay up the sum.

He managed to persuade the management to give him the 30 days notice, knowingly that he still hates working there.

So, can he just go absent without have any percussion in the future?

Appreciate if you can help. Thanks. 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
5 Answers

answered on May 1, 2016 at 20:45
Carry on working. 
Cannot absent except on Medical.
There can be repercussion depending on the attitude of the Managment.
0 found this helpful

answered on May 3, 2016 at 03:15
Hi, may I know what are the repercussion if not serving one month and not paying one month salary in lieu?
0 found this helpful

answered on May 3, 2016 at 21:09
Please check with the nearest Labour Dept.

Otherwise run like a bladirunner and disappear.
0 found this helpful

answered on May 4, 2016 at 01:53
Has anyone being summon to Labour court before? What is the most they will do? 
0 found this helpful

answered on May 17, 2016 at 04:49
There can be repercussion depending on the attitude of the Management.
You MAY end up with a record with CTOS since they collect information from various sources including CTOS subscribers. If your company is a subscriber you'll most likely be CTOS-ed by your company until you settle the amount with them.

In your CTOS (TreX/eTR) Report, the Relationship section tells your relationship with your company and the Aging section shows the amount of days owed and other information about your account with your company, the trade referee.

This is the easiest and most cost efficient way for companies to recover small debts. Legal actions by companies against defaulters are rare in such case. Put yourself in the shoe of your company, will you waste so much money and time on legal fee just to recover the RMxxxx? Just CTOS you and let you run!

Unless you have no intention of getting a loan in the future, that does not matter to you.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.