Malaysian husband to divorce forigner wife. Do we need full 2 years to file divorce? If she refused to?

384 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Apr 26, 2016 at 21:01
edited on May 16, 2016 at 04:37
I'm a Malaysian guys, married with a foreigner wife from China.

We were married for just one and half years; everything was going smoothly, until she met a guy and started ignoring all family matters. She keeps watching iPad, 24 hours hugging the iPad and messaging. We're in our 30's and have have no kids yet.

Due to affiliation and attitude problem (out of tolerance); Now she has requested to stay by herself by renting a room. Initially, I disagreed and argument happened.

In my cases, as I google all the procedure, it's quite difficult to get the answer.
Before anything happened, I would like to make case study first, is my action correct or not?

My questions:

1. Do we still need full 2yrs to file divorce?
2. As she is under Social Visit Visa, the authorization is under me or both (I mean to file divorce)?
3. If she refuses to sign divorce, what can I do? Refuse to sponsor her visa and ask her to go back to her country, but how about my status?

Please advise me.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on May 1, 2016 at 20:50
edited May 16, 2016 at 04:37
Do think twice before embarking on a dangerous route.

Discuss with her properly.

Just think, when you mention "Divorce", the next day she disappears back to her country, it may take you years to be "single" status again. Meanwhile cannot marry your new girlfriend lo....
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 21, 2016 at 00:29
Hi! Actually i had advise her to seek counseling and improve our relationship.
On last weekend she coming back and request for Divorce. I had try my best to solve but i'm fail.
As  I also don't want to drag this cases anymore, we also under mutual agree to fail our divorce when full 2 yrs of marriage.
Somehow what i thinking is 2 different culture problem. Once she decided to leave me,  I also plan to revoke all her Visa and benefit.
I also need some advise from here, what should i do. Sometime i feeling like i'm lost.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.