Tax law

861 Views  ⚫  Asked 8 Years Ago
asked on Jul 2, 2014 at 23:38
Hello All,

I was in Malaysia for 300 days in 2011.
300 days in 2012
120 days in 2013
120 days in 2014 until now

I started my job 25th jun.

I have got a permanent Job and I will be staying here for more than 182 days.

1]Am I considered Resident or Non-Resident?

2] What is Income tax rate for me?

3] If I am charged 26% Tax rate considering stay less than 182 days for the year 2012, can I claim it back in next year showing my stay more than 182 days in 2014?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Jul 3, 2014 at 02:07
1)in accordance to Paragraph 7(1)(c) of the Act , you are a tax resident in Malaysia as you were present in  
malaysia physically for 90days in the 3 years mentioned . according to this act , if u were present for 90days in 3 years out of any 4 years , u would considered to be a resident .

reference :

2)income tax rate applicable :

3) i'm afraid there's no such a facility to claim back on previously charged 26% . the fact that you are being assessed on each year of assessment , would mean each year are independent of it's own
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 20, 2014 at 23:08
You should have to take legal advices, because without any legal advice later you could fell into a serious trouble.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.